Where can I find a blowgun in Oak Ridge

My wife and I were enjoying breakfast on the patio, watching the birds at her feeders, when my wife said, "Oh, look at the cute squirrel."

I thought it looked a little strange, so I took a closer look and it turned out to be one of the biggest rats I've ever seen.

At that point, breakfast was over for my wife. :yum:

Anyway, I live in Oak Ridge, so I can't use the .22, both me and the neighbor where the rat lives have dogs, so poison is out. Don't want to get a bird with a trap. So, I was thinking blowgun. Silent, rat-lethal, and sporting.

I went by the local Wally world, but they don't have them. Any body have an idea where I might find one around here?

Other rat killing, dog and bird friendly, don't get the cops called ideas are welcome too.

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought about that. My son has one and I may just borrow his. If I bought one, I'd rarely ever use it. A different neighbor caught my son shooting his several years ago and called the police on him. The cop never even knocked on the door, just took the guys' statement and left. I don't want to rile anyone up. I would use it for rat killin' but then it would sit.

Plus, I just thought the blowgun would be fun.

is calling the city and asking them to deal with the vermin an option?

You can buy poison holding containers that animals like dogs will not get into.

Dogs are fairly stupid but I do nto think they eat rat poison anyway.

But what I refer to are the black industrial looking boxes you see behind grocery stores, loading docks and other kinds of places where rats roam. I use one here and I have not seen a rat since I started using it. The dog ignores it.

Try getting another dog. Mine keeps our yard free of rats, squirrels, snakes, turtles, bees, beetles, and pretty much anything else that can't beat her to the fence.

The blowgun would work if you could hit them, but here's some inspiration in case that plan falls through. http://www.amazon.com/Caddyshack-Chevy-Chase/dp/B000P0J07O/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1217811792&sr=8-1

I like the old Wrist Rocket Slingshot with some leftover lead round balls or the fancy prepackaged ballbearings they sell.

Ya know, I thought of that too, and picked one up at Wallmart earlier. When I got it home, I discovered how much I really stink with a slingshot.

I'll be giving it a try, but I think the rat will win this round.

Guest SUNTZU

Smokey Mtn. Knife Works has blowguns. Any of the "Look Ma, I'm a Ninja" knife shops in Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg has them, along with a ton of crappy knives. Hey, why not use throwing stars?

Blowgun info

and

Blowgun and Ammo

I'd stick with the pellet gun. Although a blow gun sounds like a blast, hitting a rat with one will be no easy task. A shot like that would take a serious amount of practice, or a serious amount of luck.

Unless the rat is roughly the size of a Great Dane, you better be able to get real real close. It's not as easy as it sounds.

Guest gunslinger707

Aguila Colibre .22's Primer powered no powder no loud bang should dispatch a rat at thirty feet and not alarm the neighbor's.WILL NOT cycle a semi-auto but can be cycled through the magazine by hand.