Please call and vote against universal background checks!!!

I got this email earlier and wanted to share with others in case it wasn't posted here, I did look but didn't see it posted anywhere.  This is an automated call to vote against a Universal Background Check in Nevada.  You don't have to live there to vote and according to the email Bloomberg has been rallying his troops to call to vote for this.  Let's get enough calls generated to defeat this thing and tell Bloomberg to mind his own business.

Encourage the Nevada Governor to Veto Gun Control!
Gov. Sandoval is sticking his finger in the wind,
trying to decide whether to issue veto

You don’t even have to live in Nevada.

But you should know that Nevada Governor Brian Sandoval (R) is trying to decide whether he should sign or veto SB 221, a bill so extreme that the left-of-center United States Senate even voted down a version of it.

If he signs this Universal Background Check bill, it will have ramifications for you -- even if you don’t live in the Silver State.

So please call 775-684-5670 and press “2” -- to vote AGAINST the universal background check bill (SB 221).  You don’t have to live in the state.  You don’t even have to give your name or address -- the entire process is automated and it will take you less than 13 seconds.

Just remember the NSA will make an electronic record of your call.

Seeing that we are all active participants on a gun forum I think they already know how we feel about the subject.

What's even worse is this has been going on for years.  Imagine all the things they are doing that we don't know about yet.

...If he signs this Universal Background Check bill, it will have ramifications for you -- even if you don’t live in the Silver State....

While I'm extremely opposed to any of these measures; I'm trying to figure out how universal background checks in Nevada will have ramifications for me in Tennessee?

I would point out, other states have had similar requirements, sometimes for years.    :shrug:

While I'm extremely opposed to any of these measures; I'm trying to figure out how universal background checks in Nevada will have ramifications for me in Tennessee?

I would point out, other states have had similar requirements, sometimes for years.    :shrug:

Since there is no limitation on being a Nevada resident to vote I think we need to show how much support we can get for something like this compared to how much support Bloomberg is able to get.  Everything I'm seeing is showing him going towards gun control at a state level since they failed initially at the federal level.  Anything we can do to show there is more of us then them is a good thing in my mind.

• Like 1