Driving practice in Nashville (north or west preferred)

So I've been a "big brother" with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN for a while now and love it. My "little brother" just got his lerner's permit and we need to get some wheel time in. I'm looking for a large parking lot in the west/north Nashville area that's likely to be empty on the weekends. I found one near Opryland, and of course there's Bellevue Center. I was wondering if anyone knows of any others in the west or north side, especially near Briley Pky and either Centennial or Ashland City Hwy.

• Like 1
Guest Broomhead

I took my SIL to Percy Warner park at the end of Bellmeade Blvd. You can drive through the park forever and it is some fun, pretty practice with staying on your side, navigating sharp corners, avoiding pedestrians and cyclists, and there are no other cars to hit. We also spent a lot of time initially at Bellevue Center learning the basics. The park was her favorite place to practice, especially with the windows down.

Bellmeade Blvd is also a good stretch to practice on.

So I've been a "big brother" with Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle TN for a while now and love it. My "little brother" just got his lerner's permit and we need to get some wheel time in. I'm looking for a large parking lot in the west/north Nashville area that's likely to be empty on the weekends. I found one near Opryland, and of course there's Bellevue Center. I was wondering if anyone knows of any others in the west or north side, especially near Briley Pky and either Centennial or Ashland City Hwy.

That is awesome, good on you!

I used Bellevue mall parking lot for both of my kids.  The back side where Sears is is the best because it is not roped off.  I even used that parking lot when it snowed or iced up just to get them used to how a car would react.

Guest Broomhead

Sears parking lot is a great place, that's where my SIL and I started. Then we graduated to Percy Warner. Next it was the back roads off Charlotte Pike around the River Road and Old Charlotte Pike area. We then went to main roads and finished with the interstates/Briley.