Where is your favorite Meat and three?

Volzfan

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FTLose!!! Being a Boro native, i'm always quick to prop up my local establishments, but I can not back City Cafe. I have eaten there MANY times (50+), and I never understood why people went. Even when I was going, it was only because it was free for me. I wouldn't pay for that food, especially when Clearview is a short walk away!!

In short City Cafe= old time place that locals keep open to see their old friends, not for the food.

Well Excuse Me! :2cents:

I will dare say that the vast majority of the places named in this thread are not technically "meat and three" type places.

I eat meat and three all the time if you count condiments and french frys as veggies.[/quote]

lol

Edited by Volzfan

You can't beat the Loveless Cafe.

I've eaten there twice this year, and the service as well as the food was terrific.

The do well for a road trip stop. They handle groups very well, too.

HOWEVER! Went to Cracker Barrel off I-65 (exit 65/96 hwy) after going to the Williamson County Fair earlier this month and the service was terrible and the food was average.

This is not to say that CB is a bad place to eat...just the one on Exit 65 on I-65 in Franklin. They're getting a reputation, I hear.

Guest Bronker

Stella's Bakery in downtown Billings, Montana.

Sweet cinnamon rolls that require a fork, and two hands.

Hey, nobody said that we were confined to Tennessee.

But HighPoint in Dickson on U.S.70 is hard to beat. Fridays serve the best catfish around...all you can eat.

Guest Disney
Well Excuse Me! :dirty:

Sorry DMark, didn't mean to hurt your feelings or anything.

We're all entitled to our opinions. I eat at City Cafe, i'll be down the street at Clearview!! ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Medic908

Stopped at a place in Clinton/Norris while out on business for lunch and had one of the best lunches in a long time. Quaint little place, seats maybe 20. I got there just before 11:00 and in 45 minutes, people were lined up to get in.

Daily specials (meat and three, plus hot rolls) and homebrewed sweet tea (unlimited refills). The meatloaf was incredible and I'm not a big meatloaf fan...:up:. They also have pork chops, catfish, etc. that rotates throughout the week. The ladies said there are three choices of meat and six vegetables to choose from daily.

Valley Quick Pac http://www.localcensus.com/listing/b_id/14989367.html

Oh, yeah...did I mention the homemade banana pudding?

The main feature about a "Meat and Three" is that they run a daily menu with inexpensive specials all of which consist of a list of two or three meat dishes and pick three out of a long list of cooked vegetables. The list is always printed (usually in longhand) on a piece of paper inserted into the regular menu. They are informal and are nice places to take your best buddy (wife) to eat without having to get all dressed up. They also must have table service, not a buffet or cafeteria layout. They are not strictly a southern speciality. I grew up in Ohio and we had them there too, but most of them doubled as truck stops. Most of them around here will cost you $12.00 or less for a pretty big meal for two (cheap as Micky D's).They are real treasures for us older folks when we don't want to fool around with messing up the kitchen!

Guest Steelharp

In Hendersonville, "Ruby's" On New Shackle Island Rd just off Gallatin Rd is great. Packed to the rafters, get there a little early for lunch if you can...

Guest Glknknox
There's a place over on Cherry St. in East Knoxville called the Country Table. Great home cooked food and massive portions.

I'll second that!

Haven't been there in a long time, but the last time I ordered a open faced roast beef sandwich.................DAMN, big ass piece of beef on a slice of bread!

Good food.:up: