New Plinker

Guest GLOCK2340

Guest GLOCK2340

I picked up a two-tone Sig Mosquito at Outdoor Juction in Cookeville today. I hope will end up saving me some money because I intend to practice with it some and cut down on the 9mm and 40 usage. Havn't gotten to shoot it yet, but I am excited!! When the wife gets home I will try to post some pics.;) Here's a sample for now.

MOSQ-TT-left.jpg

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest superslacker
thats a beautiful plinker...but i bet you get tired of the lack of recoil and boom and go back to firin 9's ;-D

I was thinking he probably got tired of a lack of recoil and boom with 9's so he went to a .22. ;)

Guest GLOCK2340

"nice piece.

where's outdoor junction at in cookeville?

I"m out there pretty regularly on work, I'd like to check it out"

Outdoor Junction is right off of I-40 where 70 and I-40 meet. They have a huge sign by the interstate. If your coming from Knoxville its the first Cookeville exit and from Nashville its the last. They have a pretty good selection of pistols, rifles, hunting, fishing, and alot of reloading supplies. Prices aren't the best sometimes, but they are about as good as it gets for selection in the Cookeville area.

I'll have to stop and check them out next time I'm up that way.

Do you deal with the place in Algood any? S&R or something like that. Just wondering how they are.

I've been dealing with Gunny's in Livingston some and like them pretty well.

Guest Brian@GunDepot

Love the Mosquitos! Grats on the Sig

If you find yours jamming a lot, try disassembling it totally and lubing/cleaning it good. That has done the trick on all the one's I've sold and they digest bulk ammo afterwards. All else fails, use CCI Mini Mags or Federal Auto Match bulk in it.

Guest GLOCK2340

Thanks for the tip Brian!!

MW: Yeah I have dealt with S&R, theyre pretty nice guys, and have a better selection, including NFA stuff, than the outside of their shop would indicate. I bought some night sights for my XD from them and they put them on for free. I also went with my wife to their ccw class. Never bought a gun from them though, just havn't been there at the right time I guess. Its worth checking out.:cool:

thats a beautiful plinker...but i bet you get tired of the lack of recoil and boom and go back to firin 9's ;-D

i understand saving a few bucks on ammo. i'm shooting my sons .22's more now and days. but i agree with Magic there's nothing like the big bang from a .40 or .45. Congratz on your new toy.

Guest GLOCK2340

Ohh I'm still gonna shoot the 9mm and 40, but just not as much as I did before. I just thought that it was a little retarded when I was shooting spent shotgun shells and cans floating down a creek with my 40 a while back. I thought I am just wasting money when I could be doin the samething spwnding less money and having as much fun with a .22.