Dickson

There are some VERY good people out that way.  There's also some of the dumbest white trash east of the Mississippi river.

What dickson really needs is a gun store.  I cannot believe they don't have much of anything with all them rednecks!  You got the Dickson Sportsmans store.  It's fair ....at best.  They're high priced.  All the old pawn shops are gone. 

There is a pawn shop with guns on 47 close to the fairgrounds and one on 48 about 2-3 miles to Charlotte. There's also Rock solid guns out in White Bluff if you don't mind heading a little east. The fairground also hosts a gun show every couple of months (though I wasn't impressed when I went).

Edited by tnguy

Coworker lives in Dickson and says its a huge democrat stronghold. Don't know personally but he has grown up in that area so I take his word for it.

Maybe because David Sheppard (D) has been state rep for a long time. I'm a rampant libertarian but I know and like him and he seems to be pretty sane about which legislation he supports (even if he couldn't name the three branches of government on TV one time). He opposed the state income tax if I recall correctly.

Because it's related (Dave Sheppard has/had a plane there) and to avoid adding yet another post, I'll just add that Dickson Municipal airport is close by if you ever feel like you'd like to learn to fly.

Edited by tnguy
  • Like 1

I drove out there last night, and I like the area.  We are looking for a two or three bedroom house that has a two car garage, a basement would be nice as well.  I would buy something, but I will probably be promoted again in a couple years to somewhere else in the southeast.  Quick access to 40 is high on the list.  I don't mind having to drive 10 or 15 miles because my company pays for gas.  Fairview sounds great, but like I said, I just can't really find any decent houses.

I drove out there last night, and I like the area.  We are looking for a two or three bedroom house that has a two car garage, a basement would be nice as well.  I would buy something, but I will probably be promoted again in a couple years to somewhere else in the southeast.  Quick access to 40 is high on the list.  I don't mind having to drive 10 or 15 miles because my company pays for gas.  Fairview sounds great, but like I said, I just can't really find any decent houses.

Just remembered, the one over the road from me is for sale. :D

Consider Fairview also. Incredibly handy for 840. A little bit of a commute to Dickson but only about 20 minutes depending where work is. Prices are likely to skyrocket there since they joined up 840 to Franklin earlier this year.

No, I have to disagree. Fairview used to be a nice place. Now it's full of yuppies and wannabes that can't afford Brentwood.
Fairview would be a great place, of it wasn't for fairview. Some of the people are great, too bad the only thing running the city is a bunch of douche bags.

Do yourself a favor, stay out of Williamson county and its richy rich snob attitude. .....if I EVER get out of here.........
I wouldnt move to burns, we have a bunch of idiots running the show right now.

they fired the police chief for sexual harasment , and then turned around and knowingly hired a new chief with aleged rape charges against him.

who knows what they will do next
  • Like 1

No, I have to disagree. Fairview used to be a nice place. Now it's full of yuppies and wannabes that can't afford Brentwood.
Fairview would be a great place, of it wasn't for fairview. Some of the people are great, too bad the only thing running the city is a bunch of douche bags.

Do yourself a favor, stay out of Williamson county and its richy rich snob attitude. .....if I EVER get out of here.........

lol ^ we were in Brentwood, paying more for a 2 bedroom rental than a three level house on a nice piece of property... Maybe it's not that the people can't afford Brentwood, it's that we wised up and stopped excessively wasting our money ;)

But we are surrounded by farms as well, not in a subdivision so all of our neighbors have been here for 20+ years and some their entire lives so it's a close-knit community.