Looking for info on the AA .22 Conversion

Eric

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest m4coyote

I have an Advantage Arms kit for my Glock 20. It is surprisingly accurate, and does seem to like the high velocity ammo better than "standard" or "target" grade stuff. I have been shooting the 550 rnd value pack Remington Golden Bullets from Wal Mart through mine with good success.

The kit is very easy to install, and functions just like the original Glock slide. I suggest getting the "Law Enforcement" version because it is basically identical to the original slide configuration. The "target" version slide is configured differently, so practicing with it would not be as close to the original Glock.

Out of my last 550 round pack of Remington bulk ammo, I only experienced three rounds that did not fire, and no mechanical malfunctions what so ever.

I have had an AA conversion for my G19 for several years. It works fine. I met one guy on a range a couple of months ago who wanted to test mine out and fired up a brick of ammo through it nearly nonstop. The AA conversion is pretty good, beer can or better accuracy. The only issue is that with the AA and Glock frame the whole thing weighs about 12 oz, making if very light. Using the AA as a training aid is a bit of a stretch. It is very fun to shoot very fast. I wish there were 20 rd mags for it.

Unfortunately my G17 AA conversion will not reliably work on my CCF stainless frame. Now that would be something to test out if it would work. I have not sat down to try and cogitate over why this combo won't work reliably. That might be one of those cold rainy day projects.

Does anyone Local to Nashville have this kit on their Glock 19?

Hey Eric. I guess you just talked to Dan when you called.

I didnt see that the 19 kit was not in stock when I posted this morning.

Sorry dude :P

FYI we have kits in stock for the Sub-Compact (baby) Glocks and for the 20/21

Thanks for the response Joe. I hate to say it but I found one in town and bought it tonight. Wow it looks like a pretty good kit. Off to the range tomorrow if I can sneak away... LOL

PS.. Sorry Joe!

Thanks for the response Joe. I hate to say it but I found one in town and bought it tonight. Wow it looks like a pretty good kit. Off to the range tomorrow if I can sneak away... LOL

PS.. Sorry Joe!

No need to apologize. Im glad you found what you needed locally.

I have one for a G23. It is very light and likes high velocity ammo. Sometimes get a stove pipe when firing slow but no problems when I let them rip, practicing short trigger reset.

I got mine at Guns & Leather for $250 and 3 extra mags for $25. I am happy with it.

I have one for a G23. It is very light and likes high velocity ammo. Sometimes get a stove pipe when firing slow but no problems when I let them rip, practicing short trigger reset.

I got mine at Guns & Leather for $250 and 3 extra mags for $25. I am happy with it.

I've got a G23 and this definitely interests me. Do you have any pictures? I'd love to see what it looks like!

Guest bigbuck_tn

I got one when they first came out several years ago (maybe 2002?). I had a problem with the magazine. I emailed the company and we had a great discussion back and forth about some ideas I had for improving the design. He was very apologetic that the rounds kept nose diving in the magazine. He promptly sent me 2 new magazines and a magazine loader free of charge and told me to get back to him if I had any more problems. I haven't since, great company!!!

He said it was designed to run on the cheap 37 gr Remington Golden Bullet but if I ran the heavier 40 gr bullets I would get a more robust blowback and less jams. I only get an occasional failure to feed now and it is great fun, my wife has since claimed it and calls it "her" 22 conversion.

Get the LE model, that is what I have. They used to come with Glock Factory sights (I don't know if they still do or not)

ps if you get one and it has a teflon impregnated follower or a guide rib on the right side keeping the follower level, that was my idea.:cool:

No pictures but basically looks like a G23 slide, darker in color and very light since it is aluminum. Has white brand markings on slide. With it mounted the gun is very light like a cap pistol. Mine is the LE model also with Glock sights and the rear is adjustable for windage.