Visiting Chattanooga soon-- gun shop suggestions?

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Sportsmans Warehouse  (6241 Perimeter Dr. Chattanooga, TN) has a huge selection of firearms (again..!!),

Academy Sports   (2220 Hamilton Place Blvd, Suite 150 Chattanooga, TN)  slightly behind SW on firearm selection I think, but they do have very good prices.

GT Distributors (100 McFarland Avenue Rossville, GA) is THE candy store located just across the Georgia line. A must visit if an the area.

Guest TankerHC

Shooters Depot on Shallowford Rd and GT Distributors in Rossville, GA.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Shooters Depot +1000. First time I went in there they were busy, still didnt have to wait more than 60 seconds, employee walked up and started talking to me, didnt have to go hunting for an employee. Even though they were busy, still took the time to answer every one of my questions. Seems like its always like that. I like that place.

Edited by TankerHC

Sportsmans Warehouse (6241 Perimeter Dr. Chattanooga, TN) has a huge selection of firearms (again..!!),

Academy Sports (2220 Hamilton Place Blvd, Suite 150 Chattanooga, TN) slightly behind SW on firearm selection I think, but they do have very good prices.

GT Distributors (100 McFarland Avenue Rossville, GA) is THE candy store located just across the Georgia line. A must visit if an the area.

Those are good choices too.

Shooters Depot on Shallowford Rd and GT Distributors in Rossville, GA.

Shooters Depot +1000. First time I went in there they were busy, still didnt have to wait more than 60 seconds, employee walked up and started talking to me, didnt have to go hunting for an employee. Even though they were busy, still took the time to answer every one of my questions. Seems like its always like that. I like that place.

Yup, the reason I have bought 6 of my guns there.

I've never bought a handgun from GT. I was thinking only LEO or Military could purchase from them. A transfer would be in order though, is that a hassle?  I have bought other items though.  They have a great selection.

Edited by Randall53

I've never bought a handgun from GT. I was thinking only LEO or Military could purchase from them. A transfer would be in order though, is that a hassle? I have bought other items though. They have a great selection.

Open to the public. Sometimes you will see LE only prices and civilian prices. If it's new, and cheap, that's the LE price. They use pawn shop/cash store just a couple of miles away in TN. $25 transfer fee and $10 of that is the background check. The savings in GA sales tax makes up for the cost of the transfer. I've also heard they are quick to drive the gun over for the transfer.

i would go to shooters first. as gun stores go, shooter's has went to the top of the list here.  then drive down to ga to gt's.  gt's is now open to the public.  they will send guns to a ffl in tn for tn people. leo can buy in ga at gt's on department letter head. leo gets a better price at gt's.  then you have the box stores.  they have a good bunch of guns.  you can also check out carter's on hwy 58.  carter's is getting better, but still have some of the highest price around.  now if you got some time to blow and don't want to buy anything, just to look around.  i would drive to benton's in polk county.  they got the most guns and ammo around.  but when you see the prices you will understand why.  

I can't imagine academy and sportsmans are different from city to city but if you do not have one near...

sportsmans often has a good supply of reloading equipment if that is of any interest to you.

shooter's has a range if you want to shoot, though it is pricy for non members its a nice facility with far better than most air exchange.   Shooters has nice people and a good selection of pistols usually.  

Guest Grout

sportsmans often has a good supply of reloading equipment if that is of any interest to you.

not since the "panic" they don't.They might get some primers or powder in once in a while but its all gone the next day