Police trade-ins at J-Floyds

blizzard

I saw an add in Fridays paper advertising they had police trade-ins for sale. They had both Smith & Wesson Model 64's in SS for $269 and Taurus Model 82's in SS for $169. Does anyone frequent there and seen the condition? I wouldn't mind picking up one of the Model 64's. 

Thanks for the tip. I stopped by there this morning and picked up a Model 64. There are about 4 more left in stock. I'd say the condition was surprisingly good for police turn-in guns. All appeared to be single-double action, no lock and non-pinned. (None converted to DAO.) I took one with very minor surface rust, but it had the original magnas and I can clean it up to like new condition. Lock up and timing were good and it had minimal use. There was one gun that looked new but had rubber grips and a dept engraving so I passed.

I will say the Taurus 82s looked to be in great shape and for $169 I almost took one...almost.

Stopped by today and they have three model 64's left.  However the price has risen to $299 which just was too much for me.

The price should have been the same. You went on the 25th. The price of $269 was good until the 26th.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

TRADING POST NOTICE

Before engaging in any transaction of goods or services on TGO, all parties involved must know and follow the local, state and Federal laws regarding those transactions.

TGO makes no claims, guarantees or assurances regarding any such transactions.

THE FINE PRINT

Tennessee Gun Owners (TNGunOwners.com) is the premier Community and Discussion Forum for gun owners, firearm enthusiasts, sportsmen and Second Amendment proponents in the state of Tennessee and surrounding region.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is a presentation of Enthusiast Productions. The TGO state flag logo and the TGO tri-hole "icon" logo are trademarks of Tennessee Gun Owners. The TGO logos and all content presented on this site may not be reproduced in any form without express written permission. The opinions expressed on TGO are those of their authors and do not necessarily reflect those of the site's owners or staff.

TNGunOwners.com (TGO) is not a lobbying organization and has no affiliation with any lobbying organizations.  Beware of scammers using the Tennessee Gun Owners name, purporting to be Pro-2A lobbying organizations!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to the following.
Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.