Interest in Buying a Crate of Mosins

I am planning to purchase a crate of mosins later this year. The plan is to get one from AIM when they get them back in stock since I travel to Ohio several times a year and can pick it up.  I plan to purchase with C&R. I may hold on to all 20 or if there is interest from one or two other people in East Tennessee, I would be interested in keeping 10 and splitting the remaining 10 to a couple other people.

Other individuals would likewise need to have C&R. 

[EDIT] Rifles are priced at $125 a piece out the door from ClassicArms at the moment. I suspect AIM will be similar when they get them back in stock. 

Oh, and first post by the way. 

Edited by dangerdanjd

You are allowed to buy a crate and sell off what you don't want but you there is a fine line you had better not cross on how to do it. I believe if you buy the crate and already have half of them sold beforehand you are breaking the law, rather they are going to C&R holders or not.

You are allowed to buy a crate and sell off what you don't want but you there is a fine line you had better not cross on how to do it. I believe if you buy the crate and already have half of them sold beforehand you are breaking the law, rather they are going to C&R holders or not.

I am not offering legal advice. However, my understanding is that you area allowed to sell off firearms in order to enhance or expand your collection. Buying a crate of 20 and selling them off individually to make a profit would probably not be a good idea. Buying a crate, keeping the nicer, unusual, and/or hard to find Mosins and selling off the rest so you can buy more is perfectly fine. Buying a crate with one or two other C&R holders each paying a share for the guns they receive, completely ok.

Anyone with questions regarding C&R purchases should contact the ATF at their Nashville field division (615) 565-1400 or review the helpful FAQ on their website: http://www.atf.gov/firearms/faq/curios-relics.html  .

I am planning to purchase a crate of mosins later this year. The plan is to get one from AIM when they get them back in stock since I travel to Ohio several times a year and can pick it up.  I plan to purchase with C&R. I may hold on to all 20 or if there is interest from one or two other people in East Tennessee, I would be interested in keeping 10 and splitting the remaining 10 to a couple other people.

Other individuals would likewise need to have C&R. 

[EDIT] Rifles are priced at $125 a piece out the door from ClassicArms at the moment. I suspect AIM will be similar when they get them back in stock. 

Oh, and first post by the way. 

AIM hasn't advertised any crates for a while, Classic has had the largest inventory of Mosin variants for the past year.  With Russian surplus, you never say never, but if you are interested in crate purchases Classic has been the only game in town for the past couple of years, having said that I've bought more refurbs from AIM than Classic.  Rumor has it that Century is sitting on  a lot of Mosins, but have been releasing them slowly as prices increase, you might try them if you have a C&R.  Supplies of all Mosin refurbs have been dwindling for the last 2 years or so, no one can really say how many are left to be imported, but it's doubtful we will ever see the floods like we had in the last few years.  Such is the way with milsurps...

AIM hasn't advertised any crates for a while, Classic has had the largest inventory of Mosin variants for the past year.  With Russian surplus, you never say never, but if you are interested in crate purchases Classic has been the only game in town for the past couple of years, having said that I've bought more refurbs from AIM than Classic.  Rumor has it that Century is sitting on  a lot of Mosins, but have been releasing them slowly as prices increase, you might try them if you have a C&R.  Supplies of all Mosin refurbs have been dwindling for the last 2 years or so, no one can really say how many are left to be imported, but it's doubtful we will ever see the floods like we had in the last few years.  Such is the way with milsurps...

There are plenty more out there...most every comm-bloc nation produced them at least for a little while. If we could only get them over here...

I have touched base with the folks at AIM and they are "hoping" to get some in later this year.  I'm likewise am hoping AIM gets them in because it would be easier for me to pick up as I travel to Cincinnati where they are located a few times a year.  I would have to make a special trip to Classic, but they are located close enough that it would not be unfeasable to drive there. (unfeasible or infeasible?)