iTunes Movie Bundles on Sale

• Moderators

Just a quick acknowledgment, quite a few of the iTunes Movie Bundles are on sale. Now, I don't want this to turn into a debate about iTunes vs BluRay, or iTunes vs Used DVD. I am simply letting you know that they are on sale more than I've ever seen most of these before. I admit, I pay more sometimes for some things on iTunes, but it is so nice it being in the iCloud and then being able to access it from my Apple TV/iOS Devices.

Notably:

Lord of the Rings Trilogy $10

Harry Potter (8 Films) $10

Matrix Trilogy $10

Lethal Weapon (4 Films) $10

Austin Powers (3 Films) $10

There are some others, but these are the ones that stuck out to me as being the best deals. Unfortunately I already had LOTR (purchased it on iTunes about a year ago for 500% what it is now). Purchased Harry Potter and The Matrix bundles. Thinking about Lethal Weapon, it's a good deal. I don't remember those movies (sorta "before my time") a bit, but I am interested in them. Austin Powers I'll probably pass on.

Back to the Future and Jurassic Park are borderline, I love those collections but don't understand how you can offer all 8 Harry Potter films for $10 but then charge $20 each for Back to the Future and the Jurassic Park bundles.

So what bundles are you buying, and why? Anything else I should purchase?

Edited by CZ9MM
  • Like 1

Thanks for the heads up ... some really good prices.

I'm not sure I've seen ALL of the lethal weapon movies, but for $2.50 a piece you can't really go wrong.  I've enjoyed what I've seen of them.  (I can't be sure I've seen every bit of all of them because a lot of times I would catch part of one of the movies on TBS or something ... so I wouldn't always see from the very start or I wouldn't finish because of commercials - get distracted and change channels).

Edited by JGunner
  • Moderators

It was apparently a pricing mistake but I got quite a few bundles at the uber low prices less 20% b/c I used iTunes cards purchased at a discount. :woohoo:

I never really stock up on iTunes cards (I will try and do so next time) they are on sale somewhere (however, I don't because that encourages me to spend it on stuff I normally wouldn't). It is easier for me to treat fiat money like real money that it is to treat iTunes Credit as real money:)

Yeah, quite a few of the bundles are more now. Perhaps it is right, perhaps it is wrong, but quite a few on MacRumors are suggesting that Warner Brothers probably set the prices "wrong" on purpose in order to generate a huge number of sales quickly and then "correct" the prices to what they wanted. The result? The Harry Potter Complete Collection is now #1 in the Top Movies section (along with quite a few other WB collections). It would not have gotten there if it had not been $10 for a few hours this morning.

Hey, I'm not complaining, but they should be a little more transparent in their marketing if that is what they were trying to do. Something like "First 1000 Purchasers Get it for $10 and then it goes up to $59.99". But whatever. I got two good bundles at insanely good prices:)

There are anti-gun Easter eggs all over Lethal Weapon 3 and I think 4... maybe even part 2. The first one was good, but they kept sneaking in so much leftist activism into the plots of the subsequent movies.
  • Moderators

There are anti-gun Easter eggs all over Lethal Weapon 3 and I think 4... maybe even part 2. The first one was good, but they kept sneaking in so much leftist activism into the plots of the subsequent movies.

Hahaha. Thanks. I already passed on it, it's up to $19.99 now I think. Glad I didn't get them, even if it is for this reason alone.