Obama has done it again

Warbird; I trying to figure out whether or not what you are saying about the ad has fact behind it or if its just your opinion.

At this point Ill just call it your opinion considering you spent nearly an hour last night saying you dont have the time to post facts not including the time you spent on it this morning.

If you had posted one reference to back up that 90% of shops would be closed,or one reference backing up claims of the banning of all handgun sales/transfers I would have dropped it.There are ten things on that ad,you provided nothing to back up any of it.

I gave you an example of the 90% mark and you chose to ignore it, so what can I say. This wasn't an idea pulled out of the air but a true way of seeing how they plan to formulate ways to end the gun business with or w/o the 2nd amendment. I don't believe anybody w/o proof. The proof is there. Is it worded by pro gun groups to get you motivated, hell yeah. Should it? Hell yeah.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU
I'm not going to try to argue that Obama's anti status is overstated. I dunno if it can be overstated, truthfully.

But I do wonder why we as Americans continue to ascribe such nonexistant powers to the office of POTUS? The president has zero, yes, zero ability to pass laws. Sure, he can lean on Congress, but in the end that's all it is, leaning. We've already got Dem control in both houses, yet gun legislation doesn't seem to be moving. I think this is primarily due to gun control becoming a real political time bomb on the national level these day. Politicians haven't forgotten the big cleanup on Capitol Hill after the 94 AWB.

I don't want Obama to be the next resident of the White House, but I also don't believe that the world as we know it is going to end if he's elected. I know that we all feel strongly about this issue, but I really do think that we whip ourselves into a bit too much of a frenzy sometimes.

From Sun Tzu's Art of War:

18. All warfare is based on deception.

19. Hence, when able to attack, we must seem unable;when using our forces, we must seem inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away;when far away, we must make him believe we are near.

20. Hold out baits to entice the enemy. Feign disorder,

and crush him.

24. Attack him where he is unprepared, appear where

you are not expected.

18. Hence the saying: If you know the enemy

and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a

hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy,

for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat.

If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will

succumb in every battle.

1. Sun Tzu said: The good fighters of old first put

themselves beyond the possibility of defeat, and then

waited for an opportunity of defeating the enemy.

5. Appear at points which the enemy must hasten to defend;

march swiftly to places where you are not expected.

8. Hence that general is skilful in attack whose

opponent does not know what to defend; and he is skilful

in defence whose opponent does not know what to attack.

11. The art of war teaches us to rely not on the

likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness

to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking,

but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable.

My opinion? I don't think politicians trying to pass gun control laws is going away.

strick now you don't really think the NRA is a propoganda machine of thelike of Brady do you?

I dont think anyone here is taking the word of either the politicians, OR the NRA. lets not make it seem like the NRA is perfect with their accusations. They are important, and they do protect our rights, but they are still political group that exaggerates things, just like the Brady folks.

:death:

Guest Phantom6
Originally Posted by GUTTERbOY viewpost.gif

But I do wonder why we as Americans continue to ascribe such nonexistant powers to the office of POTUS? The president has zero, yes, zero ability to pass laws. Sure, he can lean on Congress, but in the end that's all it is, leaning.

From your statement here it seems to me that perhaps you do not see the larger picture here. Actually it goes a whole lot farther than leaning on the legislative branch.

Judging from the actions and rhetoric past and present of Senator Barack Hussein Obama it is entirely possible that we could witness the occupation of the office of the President of the United States by an individual that would have the potential to lead the anti-gun forces to control of the most important seats of power in Federal agencies and the Congress.

With that kind of power you can certainly count on these anti-gun folks to plow ahead with their agenda to harass gun owners with a torrent of new federal regulations that could severely damage all Americans way of life. With the leadership on the Federal level they would embolden their minions on the state and local levels and together could drive up the cost of ammunition with new taxes or ridiculous regulatory requirements, put an end to gun shows, drive not only small but large gun manufacturers out of business and ban many of the most popular firearms available today as well as your ability to possess the firearms that may have been passed down from past generations as family heirlooms.

When they are finished wrecking the 2nd Amendment what in the world makes you believe that they will stop with that? Its the 2nd Amendment that ultimately protects all our constitutional rights. Freedom of speech and expression is next. They have already fired the first salvos in that conflict in trying to promote the resurrection of the Fairness Doctrine which would effectively drive conservative talk radio out of business because there is no liberal talk radio to oppose or balance it. The liberal side was presented by Air America but was a miserable failure due to the fact that few listeners wanted to hear and support via advertising their rantings. The market system worked and they have faded into obscurity. Now since there is no major liberal talk radio they want to shut down conservative radio hosts by re-instituting the Fairness Doctrine which was struck down by the US Supreme Court in 1984. Whether you listen to talk radio or not this does effect you. So now you see that the same judges that they appoint and will be used to limit your 2nd Amendment rights will be used to then attack your 1st Amendment rights as well. Where will they turn next?

Now more than ever we must protect our 2 Amendment right to keep and bear arms from those who would affect that right as well as others guaranteed under the Constitution of the United States of America. There is only one national organization large enough to help you win this fight and that organization is the National Rifle Association and I would urge each and every one of you to join today.

I am a Life member which means I have a much larger investment in supporting my 2nd Amendment rights but I hardly think that a $25 annual membership is too great a price to pay for the protection of my rights to arms.

When you join, besides the benefit of contributing to the battle against those that would deprive you of your constitutional rights you'll get other great benefits including:

• a year's subscription to American Rifleman, American Hunter, or America's 1st Freedom magazines,
  • $1000 in firearms insurance
  • Annual members receive $5,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST to you. The plan covers accidents at or to or from an NRA event; and accidents that occur during the use of firearms or hunting equipment while hunting.
  • Life members receive $10,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage at NO COST TO YOU.

Law Enforcement officers that are NRA members, killed in the line of duty will have $25,000 in coverage.

The most important benefit is the defense of your constitutional right to keep and bear arms. NRA-ILA tracks the issues and alerts members about legislation involving firearms not only on the federal level but the state and local levels as well.

The NRA's strength to fight for and save our 2nd Amendment come from us -- the individual members. Again, I would urge you to make the decision to take a stand for your and all American's gun ownership rights by joining.

Guest tcampbell
Dec. 21, 2012

Only God knows when the end is coming....I don't fall for the mayan crystal skull stuff...or that other guy either...

But Obama did it again....Obamabiden....he can't be too bright, why would anyone pick a VP that states he is not fit to be pres...hahahhahahaha...hopefullly this is the start of a big downfall for the Osama bin Barackiden camp...

Only God knows when the end is coming....I don't fall for the mayan crystal skull stuff...or that other guy either...

kind of funny you believe in one fantasy but not another, just sayin

heck they said it on the History Channel, you think they make stuff up.

Phantom I am looking for one of them 26 shooters, you got a source?

Guest 270win

I am waiting for the election ads playing Biden's earlier comments of Obama's unsuitablity to be president. If Osama Hussein Obama's running mate has no faith in his executive decision making ability, then why should the American public put our trust in him as president? I believe the guy should be running for leader of Mozambique or Kenya instead of the United States of America.

Guest tcampbell
kind of funny you believe in one fantasy but not another, just sayin

heck they said it on the History Channel, you think they make stuff up.

Phantom I am looking for one of them 26 shooters, you got a source?

I don't believe that God is a fantasy...I have what is called faith. If you don't believe in God, that is your choice and it is not up to me to change that. Just because it is on the history channel doesn't mean it is going to happen...the mayans were people and people do not know when the end is coming. I'm not here to preach...just stating what I do and do not believe in.

If you believe what the mayans said, then so be it...I'm not going to try and change that either. :tinfoil:

Guest Phantom6
dude I am just kidding, you believe what you want

the part about me wanting one of them 26 shooter flew a little too high I guess

If'n I can't get ya one you don't need one! :tinfoil:

Guest tcampbell
dude I am just kidding, you believe what you want

the part about me wanting one of them 26 shooter flew a little too high I guess

I kinda figured you was kidding...just wasn't sure as I don't know you that well :rofl:

Wow, this has been an interesting thread, weaving discourse regarding the political philosophy of a presidential candidate with a discussion of the powers of POTUS to consideration of the existence of god. All this because the NRA put out a poster! Clearly NRA has the ability to get noticed! Here are my (contrarian as usual) thoughts:

1. The job of NRA is to get the gun vote fired up and active. They seem to be doing this. Their job is no different than the Brady Campaign's or the Democratic Party's or the GOP or any other activist group. We may question their tactics and consider how much they exaggerate, but they are doing what the members want them to do. As Warbird would say: "Period."

2. I have no doubt, none whatsoever, that if Obama is elected President, that little of the concerns expressed by NRA would come true, with the exception of appointment of judges who might hold a different view of the 2A than the current SCOTUS. We can certainly debate how "bad" this would be, but unless SCOTUS changes it's mind (possible), the law of the land says the 2A enumerates a basic individual right, but the state has the power to regulate it, much like it regulates other rights.

3. Why do I feel this way? You have a majority in Congress that wants nothing to do with the gun control issue. That wont change after November, the pro-gun majority in congress might actually increase. Also note Congress will have a full plate as it is undoing 8 years of disaster and is chronically unable to get anything done. I doubt a resolution declaring the correct time could sail through these days. Congress is broken.

4. Despite low approval ratings of the current Congress, the Dems will increase their majority in both houses. All politics is local. Most voters hate Congress, but love their local congressman.

5. As far as Obama's stance on guns, it is pretty clear and pretty well documented. I don't think there is much room for argument here. What we can argue about is: 1) How much of it is true vs. how much was said to get elected in a very anti-gun district/state; 2) How much he will focus on gun issues once elected vs. all the other issues he will confront; 3) How much the recent SCOTUS decision makes it all moot. If I were President or a congressional leader, I'd let the courts deal with this hot potato. Why risk getting kicked out of office when it is much easier to let the courts sort it all out?

6. Single-issue voting has some drawbacks in a complex world.

Guest unreconstructed1
Wow, this has been an interesting thread, weaving discourse regarding the political philosophy of a presidential candidate with a discussion of the powers of POTUS to consideration of the existence of god. All this because the NRA put out a poster!

well, they are all interconnected, really...

Obama is ruinning for POTUS, if he wins he could conceivably appoint the next members of SCOTUS, and if that happens ( or even if it doesn't happen IMHO) then a lot of people will start praying to their god for 4 years to hurry up and pass.

:P

• 5 weeks later...