Almost time to slang some arrows

Gonna be a lot cooler this weekend boys, can't wait to get out there Saturday morning!! Only able to hunt till around noon, then we are taking our daughter to the Walden Pumpin Patch in Smyrna. If you haven't taken the family, it's pretty dang fun. Not as big as Honeysuckle Hill Farms in Springfield, but closer to us for a quick venture. Then going to my friends to watch FSU vs Clemson, then back in the woods Sunday morning.

I snuck out to the new lease today and hung a stand for muzzle loader season. I bush hogged a 40x100 yard opening out of 7 ft tall briars. There were 3 does in it as I left today. Gonna be good I hope!

I think I'm going to look into finding a place to lease next year. That's pretty cool you had deer in that area before you left!

I think I'm going to look into finding a place to lease next year. That's pretty cool you had deer in that area before you left!

It was crazy because I was still on the tractor and riding out when they stepped out into the new field. They wer running and bouncing around. Was really cool cause even though I know they saw/heard me they just played. One of those times where I wouldn't have shot even if I had a rifle
  • Like 1
None of my deer play like that, they are a bunch of shady SOB's. A friend and I camped out on my land last Friday night so We wouldn't have to get up so early to hunt on Saturday. I slepped in my hammock and he slepped in a tent. Anyways, during the middle of the night, I woke up and had to pee really badly. So I just rolled over to the side of the hammock and started going. Well, evidently there was a doe within like 30-40 yards or so because she started snorting and stomping like crazy! She was snorting so much and so loudly that it woke my friend up in his tent. Haha! Annnnd that was the closest we came to a deer that weekend. Ha
  • Like 4
  • 3 weeks later...

Let us know.

I did late morning hunts on Tues and Thursday this week and didn't see any Deer.

Tuesday I did see increased Scrapes.  This morning the Scrapes still had leaves on them from the storm wednesday night.

We'll see if they open back up.

Sunday afternoon I had a Buck run in to a Can Doe Bleat and Grunt Tube so I thought I would be seeing more action this week.

Maybe afternoons are better than late morning, or just luck of the draw.

• Like 1

Nice cool 28 degrees when I left this morning, but nothing, not even a doe. Then, driving down Hobson Pike and see a huge body laying in the ditch, and I knew it had to be a buck. Sure enough, someone had already cut it's head off too. BIG bodied buck, probably had a nice rack on it. I think I'm going to run out to try TWRA spot in Smyrna today, just to see what happens.