Got Hired!!

chipperi

Got hired, wife texted me wile I was in class this afternoon...maybe the economy is getting a little better. Now a Corrections Officer for XXXXXX County.  Hapay Hapay Hapay.....doing the happy dance...its ugly you don't want to see it.

Incorrect. .gif or the dance didn't happen.

Will settle for youtube, but honestly prefer a gif.

No, I won't add writing to the different frames or anything else like that which could potentially be embarrasing.

Promse.

Really.

But in all seriousness, Coingrats!

Guest tdoccrossvilletn
[quote name="chipperi" post="1034688" timestamp="1379467164"] Got hired, wife texted me wile I was in class this afternoon...maybe the economy is getting a little better. Now a Corrections Officer for XXXXXX County. Hapay Hapay Hapay.....doing the happy dance...its ugly you don't want to see it.[/quote] Just remember the things I'm telling you and hopefully you will never be assaulted. Its worked for me nearly two years. 1. Try not to disrespect them this will get you hurt or even killed quicker than anything. If they are doing something wrong if at all possible pull them off to the side and warn them in a non threatening manner. Then if they don't comply follow with disciplinary actions. 2. Start off a hard ass but don't be disrespectful. If you start off weak then try and be hard they will have no respect for you. You can always start off a hard ass then ease off but you can't do it the other way around. 3. Do not bring anything in to them period no matter how much money you might think you will make. They will have no respect for you and you will jeopardize the safety of your fellow officers and the institution. You will get caught. These dudes are not your friends and will rat on you quicker than you can blink. 4. Follow our code "One team one mission" there is no I in team. 5. Never leave an officer hanging. If there is an emergency don't run the other way. 6. Take pride in your appearance. Crease your pants and shirt sleeves if you have the button and zip shirts like we do. Polish your boots. Truth be told the inmates will have more respect for someone who takes pride in their appearance and leads by example. 7. Never bad mouth or disrespect other officers in front of inmates. No matter how much you dislike them. It makes the inmates have no respect for the officers your naming, compromises their safety, and undermines their authority. 8. Like wise if another officer or superior disrespects you in front of the inmates tell them you will talk to them about it in private but not to disrespect you. This undermines your authority with the inmates and they lose respect for you. Which in turn compromises your safety. 9. Constantly keep your wits about you. Keep your head on a swivel and be alert at all times. If you have to work in and around inmates in general population like we do in housing units or pods then try and keep your back against a wall as much as possible whether talking on the phone or writing in the log book. Always be familiar with where you are working and possible escape routes for yourself should a shtf situation occur. 10. If working on the yard like I sometimes do controlling inmate movement keep your wits about you, your head on a swivel and have the inmates keep their hands where you can see them at all times. Where I work if you work in the yard its also your responsibility to respond to medical, fire, and fight/officer needs assistance codes. You still need to be of use when you get there in case you Have to grapple, do cpr, and the like. So you don't want to get there and be worn out from running so far so fast. Some of these compounds are over a mile long or wide. I jog briskly or fast walk but do not go full tilt so I'm still of use when I get there and not trying to catch my breath. 11. Learn about gangs, their symbols, the gestures, and phrases, learn as much as you can. Be able to identify members by tatoos alone. I can. Having worked in the gang units they are the greatest security risks in the prisons/jails. Most everything there is run by gangs. I've even had dealings with ms-13 yes they are in TN. They don't call them and classify them as "security threat groups" for nothing. 12. Never invade their personal space or put your hands on them unless you're ready for a fight. Sometimes you have to restrain them and its unavoidable. Only then should you invade their space and "lay heavy hands" on them. 13. If you need to open their cell for any reason knock first. You have to remember these pods are communities within themselves. Its their "home". Wouldn't you want someone knocking on your door before entering? It actually keeps you from getting hurt. 14. If you have to work in the mental health pod. Just go along with some of the crazy things they say. If a dude comes out of his cell with black streaks on his face and you ask him what's going on and he says "I'm an Indian this is my war paint" roll with it. Just say okay and go on about your business. If dude constantly talks to imaginary people and plays pocket pool just ask him if he is okay periodically and let him do what he does. That's all I can think of for now. Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy. Edited by tdoccrossvilletn
Guest tdoccrossvilletn

Thanks tdo..... I coppied this into a text document so I can go back and read it from time to time.

Sure always happy to help a fellow officer.

Sent from my mind using ninja telepathy.