Lawmakers under fire for $174,000 TAX FREE gift to widow of millionaire senator

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It may be a time honored perk, I don't particularly have a problem with that, but it harkens back to the day when congress-types were not multi-millionaires. Now it is just disgusting.

That's one widow's pension that is beyond absurd.

Edited by Garufa
Guest semiautots

Another reason for term limits.  You get one term of federal elected office and then you go home.  No retirement, no cheap gas, no gym, and, most especially, no re-election.

Guest TankerHC
Let them keep going. Bring all of this to light while the US economy collapses around us. The majority, including some Tea Party backed Rep's, will soon find themselves unemployed. I'm keeping the faith that a large portion of US citizens are not as stupid as they have appeared to be in the past. Might be hoping against hope but when former Communists look at the US and ask what the hell are we doing? Didn't we learn anything from them? That alone should be a wakeup call, throw in the constant things like this, rising costs on everything, unemployment or underemployment, scandal after scandal, a Congress elected to stand up that wont and I don't see it any other way. If the people dont change it when the opportunity comes, then they do not deserve freedom. The Founder's said as much.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 2

In the government of, for the party and by the party, nothing is going to change. Besides, what is all the concern. This money was from taxpayer funds and everybody knows that this money belongs to the government, why should it concern the little people? I am sure that the  quality people in D.C. are getting tired of hearing this crap from little scumbag  working and middle class trash. The little people need to grow up!.

It may be a time honored perk, I don't particularly have a problem with that, but it harkens back to the day when congress-types were not multi-millionaires. Now it is just disgusting.

That's one widow's pension that is beyond absurd.

I don't believe this is a time honored perk. At least it wasn't when first tried. Much different mine set in government then.

"Mr. Speaker – I have as much respect for the memory of the deceased, and as much sympathy for the sufferings of the living, if suffering there be, as any man in this House, but we must not permit our respect for the dead or our sympathy for a part of the living to lead us into an act of injustice to the balance of the living"

Read More

http://archive.lewrockwell.com/orig4/ellis1.html