Marlin 1894 44 Mag Sight Replacement

lshel

I have a Marlin 1894 that I would like to install adjustable sights. I have seen several complaints from people who have bought differt sight sets where the front sight is too high and they can't get enough adjustment down on rear sight to get rifle to print on target at 50 or 100 yds. I was hoping to find a fiber optic sight set. Has anyone installed adjustable sights on there Marlin 1894 or Marlin 336 with the ramped front sight and have sighted gun in after installation. If so what kind, manufacture and approximate price range. Thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got one of these Williams peep sights for my 1894CS .357, I did not get the front sight, just the rear, but this comes with both. I need to practice more with it to get as good as I was with the factory sights. I was just not used to a peep sight. Very good quality and easy install.

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/799753/williams-fp-336-set-receiver-peep-sight-with-front-fire-sight-marlin-336-1894-installs-at-rear-scope-mounting-holes-aluminum-black

I left my factory front sight alone on my 1894 and just put the Williams on the rear. Ishel mentioned fiber optic and I saw that Midway had the package either way.

I currently have mine back with the rear factory sight. I need to put the peep sight back on it and try it out some more. There's just something about the old leverguns.

I'm still using the factory sights on my 1894. I usually have problems seeing iron sights but for some odd reason I can see the sights on my 1894 pretty well. I did go with a Skinner peep on my 39a. I had read that some needed to replace their front sight when using the Skinner, but it worked well with my factory front sight with the hood removed. With one full turn of adjustment left it is dead on at 50 yrds with most ammo. Not a fiber optic but I thought I would mention another option. I am considering going with one on my 1894 as it works so well on the 39a.