Planning 300BLK pistol build (advise wanted)

c.a.willard

So, Merry Christmas to this guy.  I just reenlisted in the reserves, and lo and behold i have one of the few jobs that still gets a bonus.  It was totally unexpected, but im getting a little over 10,000 total; 5,000 upfront the rest over the period of enlistment. I loose a lot of it initially on taxes, but since i am a full time student this year,  our income is relatively low and we always overpay, I expect to get most of it back.   Last month I had to sell a rifle to cover the bills until the VA fixed my school stuff, which they have.  Because i sold it with no second thoughts (Bills always come first) my wife has agreed to allow me to spend a portion of the initial bonus on a new build.  I'm allotted around 1500 of the money coming in for the new build.  The remainder will be primarily placed in savings with a little used for Christmas spending for the wife and daughter any tax return automatically goes into savings as well. 

This is what i am looking at so far

[url=http://s987.photobucket.com/user/cwillard1983/media/BuildSheet_zpsdcb9b278.jpg.html]BuildSheet_zpsdcb9b278.jpg[/URL]

Im trying to come in under 1500, still need barrel, gas block, front sight (probably go with the magpul for the price).  As always i welcome any suggestions or advice, i am not adverse to changing out parts as long as they are still quality.  And yes, i understand once complete i am obligated to post pic's

thought i should probably add this, I am planning to shoot mostly supersonic for the time being, would love to eventually get a can for the gun for subs but not for a while(maybe a graduation present for myself someday)

Edited by c.a.willard
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

don't forget you can get an adjustable gas block from bte for under 50 bucks, Pistol tube, spring buffer foam etc from MAS defense as well as other parts to save money barrel as well from MAS, get a compensator from miculek,noveske or JP if your not gonna use a can.Why a geissele trigger?? lotta money for a big pistol trigger, i like geissele too just sayin,you can get a slimline light handguard/rail from ken arnold and save 60 bucks from the start. Ive got 2 blackout pistols under 11.5 and their both heavy as hell, think about saving weight..

i just saved you 260 if you go w a mid grade trigger and a utg slimline rail, the fortis rails are ultralight, hope this helps!!!

Be aware that a standard A2 birdcage will not fit. The A2 are 1/2-28 and a 300BO barrel is 5/8-24.

I ALWAYS use a Hogue grip on all my ARs. They are the best feeling grip out there.

Here is the gas block I bought and it is a work of art. And for $50 shipped it is a great deal as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Stainless-Micro-Adjustable-Gas-Block-750-Mil-Spec-556-Made-in-USA-By-BTE-/181243919159?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a32fabb37

For a barrel just find something that fits your WANTS. I used a McGowen but there are plenty of other barrels cheaper that will work well. Alpha SHooting Sports generally has them in stock for not a lot of money.

Here is one:

http://www.shop.ar15hardware.com/NEW-PRODUCT-8-300-Blackout-Pistol-Barrel-ALP8300BOCM.htm

If you want to discuss the 300 I can give you my number.

With that budget you should look at DSGArms.  When I picked up my 300 upper from them it was $965 with the MIL discount for my 8.2" Noveske upper complete with BCG, AAC breakout and BCM gunfighter  - they get them in frequently.  Then complete your build with a noveske lower from them for $149 or rainier for $165 and finish it out as you said. All quality right there and you can't beat the stainless 5R barrels from noveske not to mention it comes with the NSR rail. That would be right around $1501 complete since DSG also has your trigger for $250.  Food for thought and you can always get your money back out of a Noveske.