Thug down! of the knockout game variety

The more I think about it, the more I doubt the 'knockout game' connection in the story posted in the OP.  I have to wonder if the 'knockout game' isn't simply being used by the assailant as a cover story for something that could have more serious legal consequences.  Think about it:

In everything I have heard or read about this so-called 'knockout game', people are targeted at random on the street.  As the thug who is playing the 'game' and his friends walk by the random stranger, the thug tries to knock the victim out with a single punch to the face/head.  Knocking the victim out with a punch, then, is kind of the 'object' of this stupid 'game'.  That being the case, a taser pretty well goes against the entire 'point' of the knockout game.  So, the more I think about it, the more three guys getting out of a van (after circling a couple of times) with a taser sounds like an attempted kidnapping and the less it sounds like what I have heard about these knockout games.  I'm thinking the scumbag assailant just didn't want to do the kind of time that attempted kidnapping would bring so he 'confessed' to playing the knockout game, instead.

With all that in mind, I have to wonder if these guys might not have seen the father standing there waiting for the bus to drop off his daughter on multiple occasions.  Not realizing that he was just waiting for his daughter, depending on the type of neighborhood, location and so on maybe they got it into their heads that he was slinging drugs.  Maybe - believing he was a pusher - they thought they could drop him with a taser, grab him, toss him in the van, roll him for drugs and cash then dump him somewhere else.  They probably figured that a dealer wasn't going to report the incident to the cops.  That honestly sounds more feasible, to me, than three guys pulling up in a van and tasing a stranger as part of a knockout game.  If that is what they were really doing then maybe when it came time to give his story, the would-be assailant figured that the likely sentence for playing the knockout game might not be as severe as the sentence for attempted kidnapping, conspiracy to commit a kidnapping, attempted robbery and so on.  Just a thought.

Edited by JAB

The more I think about it, the more I doubt the 'knockout game' connection in the story posted in the OP.  I have to wonder if the 'knockout game' isn't simply being used by the assailant as a cover story for something that could have more serious legal consequences.  Think about it:

In everything I have heard or read about this so-called 'knockout game', people are targeted at random on the street.  As the thug who is playing the 'game' and his friends walk by the random stranger, the thug tries to knock the victim out with a single punch to the face/head.  Knocking the victim out with a punch, then, is kind of the 'object' of this stupid 'game'.  That being the case, a taser pretty well goes against the entire 'point' of the knockout game.  So, the more I think about it, the more three guys getting out of a van (after circling a couple of times) with a taser sounds like an attempted kidnapping and the less it sounds like what I have heard about these knockout games.  I'm thinking the scumbag assailant just didn't want to do the kind of time that attempted kidnapping would bring so he 'confessed' to playing the knockout game, instead.

With all that in mind, I have to wonder if these guys might not have seen the father standing there waiting for the bus to drop off his daughter on multiple occasions.  Not realizing that he was just waiting for his daughter, depending on the type of neighborhood, location and so on maybe they got it into their heads that he was slinging drugs.  Maybe - believing he was a pusher - they thought they could drop him with a taser, grab him, toss him in the van, roll him for drugs and cash then dump him somewhere else.  They probably figured that a dealer wasn't going to report the incident to the cops.  That honestly sounds more feasible, to me, than three guys pulling up in a van and tasing a stranger as part of a knockout game.  If that is what they were really doing then maybe when it came time to give his story, the would-be assailant figured that the likely sentence for playing the knockout game might not be as severe as the sentence for attempted kidnapping, conspiracy to commit a kidnapping, attempted robbery and so on.  Just a thought.

Never looked at it that way JAB, but kidnapping/robbery seems more the motive at this point. Either way, I doubt the thug will ever try that little stunt again.

DaveS

Guest ThePunisher

Either way, I doubt the thug will ever try that little stunt again.
 DaveS

Yes they will, b/c they are nothing more than pos thugs. They will repeat their hooliganism until they are in prison or terminated.