My Christmas present 870!

rugerla1

[quote name="Trekbike" post="1082359" timestamp="1387667593"]I believe you mentioned something about getting a different front bead as well. Not sure if this would be of interest to you. [url="http://www.truglo.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=8FFC31C322DF4247B83E9CC3EF5BC48A&catid=CC464CC39D4E4360BF05DD8A38F256EC"]http://www.truglo.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=8FFC31C322DF4247B83E9CC3EF5BC48A&catid=CC464CC39D4E4360BF05DD8A38F256EC[/url][/quote] IMHO the xs big dot is the best front sight for a shottie...big white dot on the end of the barrel...and night sight as well...all you have to do is JB weld it over the factory pedestal...

I believe you mentioned something about getting a different front bead as well.   Not sure if this would be of interest to you.

http://www.truglo.com/pc_product_detail.asp?key=8FFC31C322DF4247B83E9CC3EF5BC48A&catid=CC464CC39D4E4360BF05DD8A38F256EC

Thanks for the heads up, but that xs is really calling my name. If only my name had money to get it right now ha ha.

JB Weld that joker on there and you are good to go...

Thanks Jacob. I watched a few videos on it to review what others though and how they installed them. Looks simple as pie and seems to hold up extremely well compared to what I thought when I heard JB Weld at first. Yaeger used JB Kwik, recon that's just as good as the JB Weld for applications like this? Can't wait to see that box in the mail!!!

I just got the high temp JB Weld from auto zone....mixed it and installed the sight...let it cure up...it isn't coming off....

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/accessories/J-B-Weld-Original-cold-weld-epoxy/_/N-25y6?itemIdentifier=522961_0_0_

pusabyry.jpg

10-4!! Thanks again, that looks great. Now I REALLY can't wait  :rock:

Since we're talking about it, how did you like it compared to a bead the first time you shot with the xs? Did it take a bit to get used to or was it immediately better for your eyes?

the green circle of the big dot sits about the same height as the factory bead...you basically put that green dot where you want  to put a hole in something...I like the big dots simply because they are easier for me to get on a target and focus since you are looking at a big white dot....I have become accustomed to using them over 3 dot sights...I have big dots on both of my glocks and am going to put them on my Sig M11A1....

the green circle of the big dot sits about the same height as the factory bead...you basically put that green dot where you want  to put a hole in something...I like the big dots simply because they are easier for me to get on a target and focus since you are looking at a big white dot....I have become accustomed to using them over 3 dot sights...I have big dots on both of my glocks and am going to put them on my Sig M11A1....

That's what most of the reviews said, I was just curious to hear from you since you added them and weren't doing it for a video on YouTube. Thanks again for all the input. 

Edited by rugerla1

Thanks guys! NoBan, what sold you on it if you don't mind me asking? I'm not real familiar with them.

Sorry, totally missed your question!  I like the style of the ghost rings, I like the positioning of the safety and slide release (long as it's not on a pistol grip). I like the fact that it's a screw to remove the extractor vs a pin. I like the parkerized finish and the fact that you can still get Magpul aftermarket parts.

most of that is subjective and to be frank...i haven't even shot one to tell you one is better than the other. But i'd willing to bet that they're a popular choice for a reason.

Sorry, totally missed your question!  I like the style of the ghost rings, I like the positioning of the safety and slide release (long as it's not on a pistol grip). I like the fact that it's a screw to remove the extractor vs a pin. I like the parkerized finish and the fact that you can still get Magpul aftermarket parts.

most of that is subjective and to be frank...i haven't even shot one to tell you one is better than the other. But i'd willing to bet that they're a popular choice for a reason.

The point about being able to change the extractor should it break is something I really wish Remington had adopted. Heck, why not have one of each, that's the only way to really test them!  :rock:  Thanks for the reply.

The point about being able to change the extractor should it break is something I really wish Remington had adopted. Heck, why not have one of each, that's the only way to really test them!  :rock:  Thanks for the reply.

Right?! I also don't get why they didn't go with the dual extractor setup.

I asked the misses for a 590a1 for Christmas but unfortunately my Red Ryder story didn't play out. Her father saw me walk by while they were on skype today and he made the comment "Hey big guy, now that you've provided a wonderful Christmas for the rest of your family, go get that shotgun you want". It made me smile a bit that he has my back.

• Like 1
Well the design of transportation took it from LaVergne back Nashville Grrrr so I didn't get the sight today. But went to Academy and bought 300 rounds and a sling/sling mounts for it. Going to O.K. Corral in the morning. Look for the 13 or 14 year old FSU hat and that'll be me :)

Holy crap! What a FUN day at the range!!!  :rock:

Went through 100 rounds of 12 gauge (each of us) on targets, water and milk jugs, old cans that other people had left in the pit, and used slugs on a few.  We were there almost 4 hours, shot some pistols as well and a couple of really cool guys came down to the pit and we shot some of their neat toys too. The were both in the military and we thanked them for their service and for the company at the range. It was a REALLY good day! The 870 performed flawlessly as I expected. 

Now I'm home and my xs big dot was in the mail box, so headed out to get some JB Weld and put'r on.

• Like 1