My Christmas present 870!

rugerla1

First off, thanks to all who gave me advice in my Mossberg Maverick thread. If you read it, you know my wife and daughter surprised me with the news that they were getting me a shotgun for Christmas. I added some money to it and came out with my new Remington Express Tactical 870 12 gauge! It has 18.5 inch barrel and 6+1 capacity. Here it is and I LOVE it!IMAG0388_zpsce8a4e04.jpg

• Like 8
Guest Phizzle99GST

to me the biggest difference was the safety location... I like it on the top like 590 when its a standard stock and I like it near the trigger when there it has a pistol grip

Are you wanting a magnified optic or a red dot mounted on that?

Probably magnified optic, I'm not even sure I'm going with anything besides the bead. I have tons of ideas going through my head but don't want to make impulse decisions on something I won't want or need. I will only use the scope during deer season if I put it on there, other than that, it will be for HD.

Update already, I bought that light mount and S&W flashlight at Academy the day I got the shotgun. I didn't really care for either one, so I took them back. Looking at either Surefire or Fenix and will get a mount that tightens using hex key vs twist and push shut. I've been reading through some of the flashlight threads on here and y'all spit out models like it's the abc's. That just means I haven't been into flashlights as much as I should be and am WAY behind! :rant:  I'm going to get more informed on them and am thankful again for this community right here for all of the reviews which should help tremendously!

Definitely getting the xs big dot, and am looking at Magpul stock and forend (for later) and need to get some kind of sling for it as well.

Guest Phizzle99GST

I have the fenix TK15 and love it but its a 400 lumen light which is an overkill for home defense but they make smaller cheaper models. It does, however, have a strobe which is nice.

I have the fenix TK15 and love it but its a 400 lumen light which is an overkill for home defense but they make smaller cheaper models. It does, however, have a strobe which is nice.

Yes, I definitely want strobe capability and want it to be on the first touch, not somewhere between hi and two other low lights or whatever.

Sweet zombie killer!. Tell the truth. Your looking forward to the apocalypse... :dirty:

Thanks KaNuckles!

Hell right now, I'm looking forward to shooting it at a zombie paper target! HA HA I'm really itching to shoot it. I've had 500's and one other 870 but always with long barrels, this is my first 18.5 inch.  :rock:

• Like 1

I also have a TK15. Love it. I carry a Fenix LD15 in my pocket always or when the TK15 is not needed. Fenix lights are awesome. Edited by Batman
  • Like 1