M&P .45c vs. 40c

DaveTN

I’m not having much luck trading for a used M&P so I will probably buy new.

I owned a full size .40 so I’m familiar with it. But I’m trying to decide about the .40 compact and a .45 compact.

I have not yet seen the .45 compact in person and it’s been awhile since I’ve seen a .40 compact. But it appears to me that the .45 compact is about as big as the full size .40 with the .40 compact being much smaller.

Anyone examined both of them closely?

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m not having much luck trading for a used M&P so I will probably buy new.

I owned a full size .40 so I’m familiar with it. But I’m trying to decide about the .40 compact and a .45 compact.

I have not yet seen the .45 compact in person and it’s been awhile since I’ve seen a .40 compact. But it appears to me that the .45 compact is about as big as the full size .40 with the .40 compact being much smaller.

Anyone examined both of them closely?

Yes the .45c is larger than its 9c and .40c siblings....no its not as big as the full size 9 or 40. Its somewhere in between and I must say is a nice size carry gun.

I've had the opportunity to fondle the 45c but not fire it. In regard to size it is bigger than the 9c or 40c. In my opinion the 45c seems to be about the same size as a Glock 19. I really like the size and 8+1 is a good attribute as well. I'm currently looking for one in flat dark earth.

In my opinion the 45c seems to be about the same size as a Glock 19.

Ya I second that. I haven't gotten to fire the .45c yet. But I have fondled it. It appears to me to be the .45 that Glock should have made. Making a Glock 19 in the 45. But instead they gave us the GAP. I have a feeling this is gonna be a good seller for S&W.

Ya I second that. I haven't gotten to fire the .45c yet. But I have fondled it. It appears to me to be the .45 that Glock should have made. Making a Glock 19 in the 45. But instead they gave us the GAP. I have a feeling this is gonna be a good seller for S&W.

I was thinking a 45c is about the size of a glock 19/23. to me it's not really compact by m&p standards.