S&W 460 blows off mans thumb. He sues.

K191145

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eyebedam
"Brown's wife, Kathy, also is suing Smith & Wesson for the loss of the services of her husband. She is seeking an unspecified amount of money for damages."

Gee.... I wonder what he did to his wife with that thumb....

Maybe he has a new twist on an old favorite?

shocker.jpg

How many times have you seen an inexperienced shooter put their support hand behind the slide of a semi-auto? Self correcting error.

Making a mistake is excusable, we all do it. Blaming someone else... I don't think so.

Why do so many people (who don't know nearly enough about what they're doing) insist on shooting the biggest gun, driving the fastest car, ect.? I don't get it. It reminds me of the parents who buy their 16 year old son a Mustang and then act surprised when he wraps it around a tree. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Guest Halfpint
How many times have you seen an inexperienced shooter put their support hand behind the slide of a semi-auto? Self correcting error.

Making a mistake is excusable, we all do it. Blaming someone else... I don't think so.

Very nicely put.
Why do so many people (who don't know nearly enough about what they're doing) insist on shooting the biggest gun, driving the fastest car, ect.? I don't get it. It reminds me of the parents who buy their 16 year old son a Mustang and then act surprised when he wraps it around a tree. Maybe I'm just getting old.
Nah, I'm 22 and I feel the same way... I drive a fast car because I built it, and I've seen and respect the power it can make and what it can do--as well as many slower (and faster) cars wrapped around telephone poles. In the general public, common sense is going the way of the dodo bird... Like Tommy Lee Jones said, "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky animals, and you know it." A very good case of life imitating art, I think.
Guest Gun Geek
I guess they are going to have to put a label on every gun saying..."Dont look down the inside of this devices barrel when you fire"...

"Caution do not use thumb to pull trigger"

which would pretty much do the same thing as this

oops.png

• 2 weeks later...