Scalper rant

tercel89

I haven't had issues trying to find ammo either till recently either and I think it has more to do with people buying for Christmas gifts than anything else. I have a certain level in my mind I want to be at and will buy until I reach that level. Then as I shoot I will only have to replace what I expended. I understand guys wanna go out and plink, and teaching kids and getting them used to guns is paramount. But, I also think it doesn't make sense to go out and shoot 400 - 500rds of ammo without some goal in mind. BIG waste of money IMHO. ..

so if they want to stand in line to by ammo to resell big deal

I have better things to do life is not fair

I think the people that have jacked up their prices are crazy but that's just me

everyone here needs to remember this and when 22 is easy to get

buy all they can afford to but back these shortages are here to stay

be ready for future shortages learn to reload and you wont have to worry about it again

• Like 1

Listen to dlm...that's some great advice.

I buy a few boxes when I can. I don't run out to WW every day. If I need to go there...I'll look. If I find something...I'll buy. But for my use only. My personal stockpile will hopefully continue to grow, but not going to go crazy over it again.

I plan on getting into reloading this year with my brother-in-law. I don't plan on being caught short again.

Notice I said "plan."  Sometimes things do happen, but I'm working towards a goal anyway.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I was just at Wally World again the other day buying oil and oil filter  . I saw the same people in the line so i decided to listen in on what they were saying. When one guy got up to the register and the clerk asked him if he wanted the Stingers or the Brick box . He asked "whats the difference? "  Man right then I was thinking that he had no idea what the heck he was doing nor buying and that he was buying it for some scalper. Then I watched the clerk ask a man this : " what in the world do you do with all this .22 ammo ? " Like this guy is a "regular" that buys up all the .22 ammo . The man looks at the floor then looks around the area and then says with a little bit of hessistance " Oh ,,,,, I buy it for my grand-kids to shoot"  . The Clerk then looks like he doesn't believe him . If I were a betting man I'd say that dude was a scalper for sure ! WTF ! These people are , I cant even say the word here ! 

Edited by tercel89
Guest Keal G Seo

The only way this will stop is if people stop buying it at jacked up prices. Check in smaller towns, there is usually a little bit of everything in stock.