opinions ... best .45 for concealed carry

airgun13

After carrying a 1911 for many years (including as my military side arm) IMAHO the Glock 30 is the all-around best carry pistol - a really nice combination is a G30 for on-body carry with a G21 for off-body/in the vehicle (since you can use the full-sized magazines from the G21 in the G30 and two guns are always better than one!).

1. A Glock is damn dependable; it will send a bullet down the finery death hole just about every time you pull the trigger (I'm not saying they never hick-up but round for round, they are simply dependable)

2. They are simple to use

3. They are likely what the cops in your area carry (which can be important should you ever be on trial following a SD shooting as is using similar ammo)

4. They are accurate (especially at normal SD shooting range)

5. They are relatively cheap (cheap is an important consideration because if you are ever involved in a SD shooting you are likely going to find your weapon in police custody for a while and I'd rather have a $500 Glock being held than a $1,500 1911 (or an $800 1911 for that matter). The fact that they are cheap also means I don't worry if they get a nick or a scratch or holster wear or anything else that would bother me with a 1911 or similar,  more expensive pistol.

To each his own of course.

• Like 1

Big surprise here but I recommend the Kahr P45 or PM45.  A lot of it is how it feels in your hand and they Kahrs just fit my hand perfectly.

There is a new Kahr 45 coming out with a 4.5" barrel and 7 round magazine priced similar to he cw series.

Big surprise here but I recommend the Kahr P45 or PM45.  A lot of it is how it feels in your hand and they Kahrs just fit my hand perfectly.

+1 if we're talking just 45 here the PM45 is worth a look. Very easy for me to conceal. The biggest drawback for me is 5+1. However, you can buy 6 and 7 round mags, but there goes easy concealment.
Guest klwehunt

Been carrying a PM 45 for about 5 years now w/7 round xtra mag.Its light,thin,small and works, carry OWB and is the most comfortable i've carried so far. 

I'd say the problem is the round ball ammo (or shot placement). ;)

I'd say with gang bangers its shot placement as the reason; that or their too dam stupid to die when shot, you know like a chicken running around with its head cut off.....

One of the guns that I carry is an ATI Titan (1911 Compact) in .45 ACP is is a solid 2 pounds of security; yet with a good holster and belt you can all but forget its there....

Edited by teecro

Commander-sized 1911 is the best.  If you're dead set on polymer striker-fired, the M&P45 compact is excellent.

I agree with this.  I carry a commander-sized 1911 with a rounded butt and it conceals very nicely.  Mine is also a lightweight frame and only weights 28oz so it doesn't pull my pants down all day.  The m&p would be my second choice in .45 as I know a lot of people who really like them and I love my version in 9mm.

I carry a 30sf daily, looking into a 30s possibly... I also have an XDM 45 compact love that gun, but it's a tad bit heavier than my 30sf... I highly recommend testing out an M&P 45c, my friend has one and I cannot stand the trigger on that gun and I believe it's 8+1. In short I recommend a 30sf, 30s, or an XDM 45 compact

The CCO 1911 is the perfect carry platform if you like the 1911 platform. Commander size barrel on an officer's frame. So its smaller than the commander but has the same sight plane. I have one that I have never carried because I carry my full size 1911 in an IWB holster or my Glock 19. But the CCO I think is still the best carry platform for a .45 caliber. They are pricey though. Gunsite sells a Colt CCO for I think $1,295.00. If you really want to spend some change look at the Baer Stinger model which I am pretty sure is a CCO platform pistol.