Any IPhone experts?

daveW

I have an iPhone 3 that I used until recently...I dropped the phone and now it doesn't power up. The screen has no visible damage. I never synced the phone and don't really care about the hardware as I've since replaced the phone.

My issue is: I'd really like to recover the photos and contacts. Is this possible? The sim card does not work in my new phone and when I put it into a different phone, only some of the contacts came with it.

Any ideas?
  • Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If the phone was never backed up or synced and the photos are only located on the phone then unless you can get it going again I don't think you will be able to recover them. The current iphones use the photo stream deal and can save them in the cloud but I don't believe that model had that. I assume this is a iPhone 3G?

If it's a screen only issue I can help you,if it's dead because the internal memory is shot,you're sol. If you'd like contact me via pm and I'll check it out for you. I phones don't store data on SIM cards like other devices. However I phones always store photos even deleted photos in thumbnail format under certain conditions no cost,merry TGO Xmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2 of course it ate my spelling.

I assume this is a iPhone 3G?

I think either 3G or 3GS...I've never been much of a smart phone person so Im not very knowledgeable-I can't find any markings. I upgraded to a 4s when this one broke and would have been content just keeping my 3. The features of the newer models are wasted on me.

I'd really like to get my contacts, though.
Have you tried pressing and holding the power button and the home button down at the same time for up to 20 seconds to see if anything happens? Sent from somewhere in the cosmos using magic...and bacon. Edited by Ted S.

Have you tried pressing and holding the power button and the home button down at the same time for up to 20 seconds to see if anything happens?

Sent from somewhere in the cosmos using magic...and bacon.

I tried for varying lengths of time...no luck.

Thanks!

my neighbor repairs these phones all the time.  If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my address to ship it to me/him and have him check it out.  May just be a connector popped off or something.  I suspect your data is still there and accessible.  Best of luck.

my neighbor repairs these phones all the time.  If you're interested, shoot me a PM and I'll give you my address to ship it to me/him and have him check it out.  May just be a connector popped off or something.  I suspect your data is still there and accessible.  Best of luck.

Thanks for the offer...I'm gonna try to meet up with a previous poster in the coming days. If no success, I may ship it to you.

I too, feel like the data should still be there. It's simply not coming on-perhaps a battery or power supply issue or a broken screen/digitizer. I gently opened it and looked at the connections that could be seen without removing stuff-that's when I realized that I'm too clumsy/old to be rebuilding iPhones.