Hickman County

Guest RISC777

Guest RISC777

Moved to Bon Aqua / Lyles a while back and am wondering about places to shoot.  I have heard that some go to a chert pit and a range close to me, but no info on where either are located.  Any directions help?

Are you familiar with The Maury Co Gun club or The Haffner Range? Both are about 45 minutes from Bon Aqua. 

Haffner 2795 Owl Hollow Road in Franklin

Maury  2879 Parsons Bend Rd. Columbia

Also, there was a "Range" that I knew of that was much closer to you ;however, it closed years ago. 

Edited by hughd

There is or was one off of Hwy 100 I used to go to. I think it's called "the range" or something imaginitive. Real good value. Unfortunately, I can't seem to find it on google.

I think it might have been off 1835. Possibly Marsh Rd but it looks different on Google maps to how I remember it.

Edited by tnguy
Guest RISC777

Thanks for the replies. I thought about staying with Charlie's outdoor range, but the drive now is not quite worth it.

therangeinc.com looks to be as far from me as Charlie's.

Haffner's is indoor which I definitely am not interested in.  I have checked out their shop in the front though.

FJCrusing - that may be the pit the sheriff deputy mentioned (just no idea where it is or if it's okay to go).

Edited by RISC777
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I live in Lyles and have been hoping for a while now that some place would open up close by where I can shoot. I can actually shoot some in the back yard but an actual range would be better. There was a decent place to shoot off of hwy 230 about 10 years ago but the owner, Ed Sanders, passed away and it has since closed. I've been hoping that some of the family would open it back up. Let me know what you find out about TheRange. I've heard about it but have never checked it out.

No. I misremembered. That is the place I did my HCP training but I think the place I'm thinking about is the one ezrydr mentioned off 230. It was $10/year to use it or something similarly crazy cheap.

Edited by tnguy

I actually went to the Sander's range so much that the owner gave me a lifetime membership. Unfortunately it did not last very long. Ed was great guy and very knowledgable. I took my CP training there.

• Like 1