So how rare is a TGO lower receiver?

gregintenn

I know this is going to sound redundant and cheesy, but I really do hope there is another group buy from CMT like this in the future.  I still can't believe how nice the lower is.  That allen key bolt catch is the business!  This buy caught me a little short, so I just did the lower and BCG, opting to just buy a complete upper later.  It worked out fabulously and now I want to build a super nice rifle (or 3) using all 3 main CMT components.  That square shouldered upper looks ssssoooo mean!

I also would like to echo the interest in an AR10 variant.  That one would take me longer to build, but I wouldn't mind looking at that block of billet awesomeness on the shelf while waiting to get it all together! 

A buying event in the early fall, like the last one, would be wonderful. 

I too appreciate the work of the TGO staff and the fine folks at CMT Tactical.  I know they cut their margin, but I still do hope they made at least some money on the deal.  Their product is spectacular.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok, finally had a minute to put the 2nd one together. This one is all for me. Did a quick 10 round function test. Hopefully I will get a chance to zero the red dot this week.

Upper, lower, and bolt courtesy of CMT

Coating from CCR

Trigger (Geissele) and Rail (Troy) from VTAC

VLTOR buffer stuff

Aimpoint T-1 on a LaRue mount and Tango down cover

Surefire flash hider & a couple of Magpul goodies

Not included (yet) Tax Stamp from Uncle Sam -  check back in about 365 days apparently...

Mucho thanks to all my invisible internet friends here who either asked the questions I needed the answer to or answered the questions I needed answers to.

And, thanks to a very understanding wife for her never ending patience...

154600190.jpg

154600192.jpg

154600194.jpg

154600196.jpg

154600198.jpg

Mark

• Like 5

Ok, finally had a minute to put the 2nd one together. This one is all for me. Did a quick 10 round function test. Hopefully I will get a chance to zero the red dot this week.

Upper, lower, and bolt courtesy of CMT

Coating from CCR

Trigger (Geissele) and Rail (Troy) from VTAC

VLTOR buffer stuff

Aimpoint T-1 on a LaRue mount and Tango down cover

Surefire flash hider & a couple of Magpul goodies

Not included (yet) Tax Stamp from Uncle Sam -  check back in about 365 days apparently...

Mucho thanks to all my invisible internet friends here who either asked the questions I needed the answer to or answered the questions I needed answers to.

And, thanks to a very understanding wife for her never ending patience...

154600190.jpg

154600192.jpg

154600194.jpg

154600196.jpg

154600198.jpg

Mark

Not to offend, but it looks like a toy with that paint job, has a plastic look to it. Im going to say its probably how the camera took the photo.

106 and 107 I think. Haven't started building yet.

Looks like Smokybaer is looking for 107. Accidentally let my membership lapse apparently and can't respond in the classified. If some one could point him in my direction? I was really wanting to keep these consecutive though, but if 107 has significance to him, maybe we can work something out. Guess I better renew on payday:)