Want to get this Beretta Refinished

Guest Rugerman

Guest Rugerman

So, I have this Beretta M1934 .380. The gun is in amazing shape with original grips and a barrel that looks pristine. It is a WWII GI bringback with no importation marks. The bluing is probably only 65% on it. I obtained this gun and my wife FELL IN LOVE with it. It is something we have decided to keep forever, so we want to refinish it (mainly don't want exposed metal to rust). We are not worrying about the value diminishing, as it is pricesless to us. This gun originally had the high polish bluing, and I want to find a place to put a beautiful, high polish, deep blue on this gun. I want it to be my wife's BBQ gun. I also am going to keep the original grips but find some custom ones to put on there for her. Question is this:

Who around here does a nice deep high polish blue? What should I expect to pay for such a job, consider there is no pitting or rust on the gun and also considering it's size? Also, I would like to give it to her on her birthday in December, so I want it done quickly, not a 6 month wait. Give me some ideas, I would really prefer not to have to ship the thing. Am willing to drive as far west as Nashville and as far east and north as Bristol. Live in the Chattanooga area.

Edited by Rugerman
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Rugerman

I called Coal Creek Armory (because I saw an ad at the top of this page) and saw they had a "custom shop" on their web page. They don't do bluing in-house, they apparently outsource and turnaround time is 2-3 months. Any other suggestions?

They quoted $200 for normal bluing and $300 or more for high polish.

I don't know of anybody in your area that does the bluing. CCR Refinishing in Greeneville does excellent gun refinishing work, but I don't think they do bluing. You are probably going to have to ship it to have a good, professional job done.

I checked a few websites of gun refinishers, and their prices ranged from $165 to $280 for the high polish bluing. Personally, I would ship your gun directly to one of the refinishers.

Guest Rugerman
I think we might be able to do better than the quote you got on the phone.

PM sent.

PM replied to. Just so everyone knows, my above post about CCA wasn't a complaining post, either. Simply factual. Everyone was very friendly on the phone and I will be investigating them further, as I would prefer to just drop it off there.

As I stated in the PM, give Shannon a call on Wednesday and check with him on cost and turn around time. He heads up the 'smith shop and has a better handle on the time sensitive needs.

Guest AR15thur

If none of these options work for you, there's a guy in Tazewell, which is about an hour north of Knoxville who does really good work. His name is Mike Macedonia and his business is called Premier Arms. His email address is kc4sox@yahoo.com, he'll get you fixed up for a good price.

This gun originally had the high polish bluing, and I want to find a place to put a beautiful, high polish, deep blue on this gun.

Todd Watts in Christiana, Tennessee did a Model 19 S&W that I wanted done in the old high gloss blue (almost black).

He did an excellent job. I will shoot you a PM with his contact info.

Here are a couple of shots of how it turned out.

M19-1.jpg

M19-4.jpg

Guest Rugerman
If none of these options work for you, there's a guy in Tazewell, which is about an hour north of Knoxville who does really good work. His name is Mike Macedonia and his business is called Premier Arms. His email address is kc4sox@yahoo.com, he'll get you fixed up for a good price.

Unfortunately, I contacted him and he no longer does bluing due to low demand and high costs. :death:

Hopefully I can get this all worked out.

Guest AR15thur
Unfortunately, I contacted him and he no longer does bluing due to low demand and high costs. :shrug:

Hopefully I can get this all worked out.

I'm sorry about that, he had talked about getting out of the practice, but I had never heard for definite.

Guest Rugerman
I'm sorry about that, he had talked about getting out of the practice, but I had never heard for definite.

No big deal! I have decided on the guy who did the revolver in this thread.