My new AK

PackinMama

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abailey362

nice ak...I love the underfolders. and the golden tiger is pretty good stuff. I've went through a few hundred rounds of it with 0 problems.

:tough: Don't worry, I'm not quite that crazy! LOL

I shot 100 rounds yesterday......it was literally a BLAST! The last mag I shot was a 40 rounder and I tried a bit of rapid fire.....OMG I never had so much fun!!! While rapid firing I could feel each shot kind of pushing me back a little.....I can't imagine shooting one of these in full auto! Sure wouldn't hesitate to try it though :lol:

Guest Astra900

Have 2 M70 B-1 fixed stock. Personally I think the Yugo is one of the best Ak's. Thicker receiver, heavier front trunion, and you gotta love the button on the rear. Makes putting the cover on twice as easy. I built my 2, I have nothing but love for the design.

You dun good:koolaid:

Guest Astra900
Now that is a rifle! Very nice. Why the Serb cross? Was it requested or there to begin with? i like it.

A BUNCH of the Zastava made AK's that made their way into the country {by parts kits} had soldiers carvings on them. Apparently it was a common practice to carve your girls initials or kill marks or symbols of faith.

Both of mine were heavily decorated

Thanks guys! I was never really a 'rifle' person.....I've always liked handguns best, then shotguns, and rifles were last on my list. This rifle has changed my mind though! I love it! To think that these may get banned in the future makes me sick. I really wish I had the $ to buy at least one more nice AK before the shtf if Obama get elected. I'm going to do some serious thinking and possibly sell a couple guns to fund another one if Obama does win.

I'm looking for a good book on the AK rifle. I've checked out the ones available on Amazon.....and I'm trying to decide which one would be best. I'm not very 'mechanically inclined' and really know nothing about field stripping, lubing, and general maintenance for the AK. I'd like a book that's fairly easy to understand with a lot of illustrations. Any recommendations?

Thanks guys! I was never really a 'rifle' person.....I've always liked handguns best, then shotguns, and rifles were last on my list. This rifle has changed my mind though! I love it! To think that these may get banned in the future makes me sick. I really wish I had the $ to buy at least one more nice AK before the shtf if Obama get elected. I'm going to do some serious thinking and possibly sell a couple guns to fund another one if Obama does win.

I'm looking for a good book on the AK rifle. I've checked out the ones available on Amazon.....and I'm trying to decide which one would be best. I'm not very 'mechanically inclined' and really know nothing about field stripping, lubing, and general maintenance for the AK. I'd like a book that's fairly easy to understand with a lot of illustrations. Any recommendations?

Ha, Ha! You won't find any books of that nature because it would be about two pages. One of those being a title page!:lol: Seriously, field striping is removing the top cover and sliding the bolt back and out. Clean the piston and the barrel. Lube? a little light lube on moving parts is good but not necessary. There is an excellent book on the history of the AK called "AK-47" by Larry Kahaner.

I'm not very 'mechanically inclined' and really know nothing about field stripping, lubing, and general maintenance for the AK. I'd like a book that's fairly easy to understand with a lot of illustrations. Any recommendations?

Show up at one of the Oak Ridge area TGO shoots and I'll show you. It takes about 10 minutes.