Zombie Match - Music City Tactical Shooters

OK John.......

Stage 5 - - - Those steel plates with the No-Shoots right behind them are just evil.  :stir:  

Stages like that will make ya shoot better if you don't wanna hit a bunch of NT's  John can design a stage that'll bring the stakes on up there

Does anyone have "Outlaw Zombie" rules or the Outlaw rules? My Googlefu turns up a couple different rules. My main question is can we run a USPSA type double belt? Thanks.

This is an oversimplification and I am a participant not an organizer, but it is basically "USPSA-light" rules with IDPA targets and time-plus scoring.  No IDPA rules about cover or tactical anything.  Load mags to division capacity (USPSA divisions, so basically Open if you have a dot and a comp, limited for iron sights with mags full, production with 10 rounds).  Reload however, wherever, whenever you want with no restrictions on dropping partially loaded mags.  As fas as I know there is no "Official Zombie Outlaw Rulebook" so if you have a specific question at the bay it's better to ask.

I'm sure I missed something but hopefully others will add what I missed.

[quote name="jsharp" post="1110793" timestamp="1392364456"]Does anyone have "Outlaw Zombie" rules or the Outlaw rules? My Googlefu turns up a couple different rules. My main question is can we run a USPSA type double belt? Thanks.[/quote] It's an extra five bucks to run a hot rod setup. J/K USPSA stuff is fine.
Just got back from the range. Bay three is washed out. Changed the stages in one and two around some. Bay four, the steel stage, is fine. It looks like four stages is all we will be able to shoot. We will set something up in the woods tomorrow if enough people show up. If the weather keeps people away those of us there will just have fun with what we have. Edited by Mechanic_X
AWESOME day!!! Tons of fun, especially the all-steel stage! As is normal, I was clearly shown my own flaws today... tunnel vision (missed a threat completely) and general poor form/mechanics being the two biggies for me today. I can't think of a more fun way to discover that! I also learned that, while economical, cast lead is not the best choice for rapid fire in low-wind conditions!

It was great to meet some fellow TGOers as well! My friend Mike had a blast, too. I'm hoping he'll join TGO soon. Thanks so much to the MCTS staff and members for all your work in creating a safe, friendly, and fun event. I hope to have some video ready of our rookie shoot in a few days. I'll post it up here when it's done.

Thanks again!
  • Like 4
It was great to see everyone out on a really cold day. The stages and format were a blast. I enjoyed meeting you musicman and your friend Mike. I was thinking the same thing about your loads especially that last stage. Looked like you shot off a musket. LOL

Ha! Jcoop, I missed one completely on stage 1 as well!

Norma, not to get too corny, but thanks for the post-match hug!  You are a GREAT shooter, and very welcoming to us newbies!

I got the vids quick-spliced and uploaded... don't laugh too much at us!

My buddy Mike at the steels:

http://youtu.be/-DEBbA6rQp0

Me at the steels:

http://youtu.be/X13IWtCC_ak

Me at the final stage. Non-smokers need not apply!

http://youtu.be/X13IWtCC_ak

-----

OK, the "embed" links aren't working.  what am I doing wrong?  I swapped to just regular links until I figure it out.

Edited by musicman
  • Like 1