Oh well, e-cigarettes were good while they last(ed)

Guest TankerHC

Guest TankerHC

The FDA has already classified them as a Tobacco product and regulatory decisions are "in the making". When New York decided to ban them in the same places as cigarettes are banned, when asked why the only reason they could come up with was "It's for the children, children might see people using them and start using them". Thats always the Left's lame excuse for everything.

But why the regulations in the making? "Because they contain animal carcinogens". Well they better begin heavily regulating Ice Cream "for the children" because Ice Cream contains "Animal Carcinogens" through Dairy and is being blamed for an increase in Leukemia in black Americans. No one under the age of 18 should be allowed to consume Ice Cream, or drink milk.

Everything that comes from Animals contains animal carcinogens.

In the last 3 days I have smoked exactly ONE Cigarette. Down from nearly two packs a day in the last 6 months. I wouldnt have smoked that if I had not forgotten my e-Cig.

This has nothing to do with anything except the nanny state and taxing "something" and the fact that certain pharmaceutical companies that produce the Nicotrol inhaler were against it from the get go because their Nicotrol inhalers, basically the same thing, costs $100 per week to do THE EXACT SAME THING you can do for $4 per week with these. 

If someone wanted to use one of these to wean off of Cigarettes, now would be the time. Soon they will become unaffordable if not banned outright unless you get a Prescription.

Edited by TankerHC

I quit smoking cigarettes in August of last year. I had been rolling my own at a cost of $7 a carton for two years prior. 

I used e-cig until November. Then I quit that too.

I know a lot of folks see the e-cig as a complete full time replacement for an analog, but it was just a stepping stone to quitting for me.

I am not a smoker but, to me, this is just one more example to support my theory that the vast majority of problems in this country could be solved if people would just mind their own, damned business.  Sure, I don't want the guy next to me in a restaurant smoking like a stack and ruining my meal with his second hand smoke (in which case, that is my business) but no smoking at a bar?  Banning vaping?  C'mon.

Edited by JAB
  • Like 1
Guest Lester Weevils

Tanker, did you say at one time, you knew of a person/company that will make custom-mixed liquids?

After our last discussion, visited a mountain oak vapors on gunbarrel road, which has a wide selection of vaporizers and their own line of liquids. They sold me a vaporizer which works with my old batteries and much better than "last years model" and sold me some of their liquid low in propylene glycol and high in nicotine which doesn't aggravate my throat.

I think a formulation similar to what they sold me, but devoid of any flavorings, except their base plus nicotine and a few drops of menthol, would be about ideal. Containing the absolute minimum number of ingredients to wonder about. I don't care about the taste, just the least-harmful nicotine administration which "works". For some reason nicotine patches or gum don't work quite right.

Unfortunately that mountain oak vapors place, they claim they don't make any custom mixes.

Guest TankerHC

Tanker, did you say at one time, you knew of a person/company that will make custom-mixed liquids?

After our last discussion, visited a mountain oak vapors on gunbarrel road, which has a wide selection of vaporizers and their own line of liquids. They sold me a vaporizer which works with my old batteries and much better than "last years model" and sold me some of their liquid low in propylene glycol and high in nicotine which doesn't aggravate my throat.

I think a formulation similar to what they sold me, but devoid of any flavorings, except their base plus nicotine and a few drops of menthol, would be about ideal. Containing the absolute minimum number of ingredients to wonder about. I don't care about the taste, just the least-harmful nicotine administration which "works". For some reason nicotine patches or gum don't work quite right.

Unfortunately that mountain oak vapors place, they claim they don't make any custom mixes.

Two of them. One is the guy in Dayton who owns the Dayton Bookstore. He mixes it right in front of you. The other is the guy that owns the big place up in Indiana. Told me he had opened a store in a Mall in Chattanooga, I havent been there yet so do not know exactly where it might be. Ill give him a call and see. 

There are, of course, a lucky few who will never have any serious health problems and live a very long life. However, after years of exhaustive study and research I have come to one, inescapable conclusion about "Cancer" which is that almost everything in existence can cause it and that the only 100% guarantee of avoiding it is to die before you get it.

Therefore, whenever I hear "it can cause cancer" I simply tune it out as the garbage it is.

Guest Lester Weevils

There are, of course, a lucky few who will never have any serious health problems and live a very long life. However, after years of exhaustive study and research I have come to one, inescapable conclusion about "Cancer" which is that almost everything in existence can cause it and that the only 100% guarantee of avoiding it is to die before you get it.

Therefore, whenever I hear "it can cause cancer" I simply tune it out as the garbage it is.

The nicotine is not especially carcinogenic, though ideally people would live sans nicotine, caffeine, artificial ingredients, processed foods, yadda yadda.

The main immediate benefit I get is clearer sinuses with vapor rather than smoke. But earlier systems I tried irritated the throat.