Seeking new range near knoxville

lsp408

I am looking for range that allow rifle caliber bump fire using slide fire stock or tac con 3mr trigger. Not saying doing it all the time, but once a while would be cool. Would like the range to be near knoxville. Even it's private range. Recently found out the range I have membership at don't allow simulate auto fire device at the range.

Are they allow bump fire on the ar15?

Well, they don't disallow it that I know of.  If there are any ninnies around you might get the law called on you.  I've seen it before.  Guy had a slide-fire up there and somebody called the PD (they run the place).  The law showed up, explanations and demonstrations where made, then the officer was allowed to run several mags through the rifle.  He left with a big-ass grin on his face and not another word was said.

• Like 2

If you want some really good entertainment for $5.50 go to the John Sevier range in Halls. Buy an hours worth of time then head down to the benchrest range. Then stand up and dump a mag. The action will be entertaining. You will probably see a few RSO's fall over from heart attacks and strokes. A few will immediately go into the "one shot per second" speech and the remaining RSO's will probably stand around with a dumb look on their face (like they normally do). Then when they gang up on you just act dumb.

Oh, and if you do decide to do this make sure to video it.

If you want some really good entertainment for $5.50 go to the John Sevier range in Halls. Buy an hours worth of time then head down to the benchrest range. Then stand up and dump a mag. The action will be entertaining. You will probably see a few RSO's fall over from heart attacks and strokes. A few will immediately go into the "one shot per second" speech and the remaining RSO's will probably stand around with a dumb look on their face (like they normally do). Then when they gang up on you just act dumb.

Oh, and if you do decide to do this make sure to video it.

You forgot about the ones breaking their backs trying to pick up your brass.  :lol:

You forgot about the ones breaking their backs trying to pick up your brass.  :lol:

They quit bending over for brass. They just stand back and catch it before it hits the ground.

I had one that was picking up all my 45 ACP brass. I told him it was mine and he got snarky and told me to prove it. I then told him to check the headstamp and that all the pink ones were mine. He just gave me a disgusting look when he realized he had picked up all my brass then rather than give me the brass he picked up he just dumped it all back out onto the ground for me to pick up again.

They quit bending over for brass. They just stand back and catch it before it hits the ground.

I had one that was picking up all my 45 ACP brass. I told him it was mine and he got snarky and told me to prove it. I then told him to check the headstamp and that all the pink ones were mine. He just gave me a disgusting look when he realized he had picked up all my brass then rather than give me the brass he picked up he just dumped it all back out onto the ground for me to pick up again.

Yea, I don't need to be around assholes like that.

Not looking to piss people off. Just want to find a place that allow bumpfire and don't get people's panties up their cracks

Thing about Norris, allot of the time you are up there by yourself.  I almost always had the range to myself.

It is small, in the woods, and just a couple lanes on Pistol and Rifles sides.

Edited by vontar
Guest Cazador

Little bit of a trek to Hawkins county but you can check it out on line. I don't think the guy who owns it gives a crap what you shoot as long as you are reasonably safe. I think his web site is Odellsshooting range.com. Most of the time you will be there by yourself. I think it's $10 a day or $100 for the year. can shoot to 300 reasonably flat. Most of the time I go during the weekdays no one else is there.