Airsoft

Going through and packing up stuff, and I came across my old airsoft guns.  Tokyo Marui AEG MP5SD's, the collapsible stock version with the 'suppressor' that will charge up the glow-in-the-dark bb's for a tracer effect.

Have not played with these things in years.  Any airsoft players here that could maybe tell me how they rate against 'modern' airsoft?  Are they worth anything?  Back when I bought them (early-mid 90's) they were pretty spendy.  I still remember the welts they left!

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Lowbuster
I think it won't matter too much how they compare to newer models once we get on the mountain and start hitting one another. I think it will be fun.
They still use the same gearbox. Nothing's changed in those models. They are still for sale exactly as they were back then.

I used to play in between the barracks in a construction area with a bunch of guys in my company. That was 8 years ago. And before the army I was a major nerd with airsoft going to state games and such in MN. I had a lot of fun doing it. But, alas, now the neighbor kids are into it and I still remember how to fix them for the kids when they break. Nothing's different about those older models, but the new ones have built in recoil devices so you can feel the effects of recoil and what not. It's nuts how they have come along in that sense.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/AdvanceSearchResult?paging=&search=true&submit2=&subCateChange=true&mainCateChange=true&showOnlyChange=&productname=&productcode=&menu1=&menu2=&price1=null&price2=null&power1=null&power2=null&brandId=34&orderby=status&ordering=1&special=%0D%0A&buy=&from=&showImage=1&gallery=1&byCategory=null&pageIndex=1&sortNameFilter=&sorting=statusAsc&mainCatFilter=&subCatFilter=159&showImage1=1&gallery1=1&pageIndex2=1 Edited by 173rdABN
Guest t.bird

I played airsoft a handful of times last year in CT before I moved with a friend that was pretty big into it.  TM stuff seems to still be pretty popular, but more as a collector/nostalgia thing.  The new guns hit harder and shoot further.  I think most TM stuff shot around 250-300 fps, Most new guns are shooting 400+.  TM is probably the only "oldschool" manufacturer that is still worth anything.

Edited by t.bird
I quit playing a couple of years ago. Too many people were playing who wouldn't call their hits. The type that you could put bursts into then they would turn around and shot you. It used to be fun but then it got too popular. I am going to get rid of most of my old stuff starting soon.