PTAC and PSA lower kit and anderson lower.

Over the past week I blew more money than I wanted. I got three uppers and two lowers parts kits coming in. One of the lowers kits is a standard palmetto one and the other is a PTAC one that came with one of the uppers. I heard that the trigger on the PSA one is top notch and the PTAC one leaves something to be desired. 

My other question is I have two anderson lowers that I plan on using and I heard that it has a little play when it comes to uppers. Is there a way to easily fix that small inconvenience? I have a dalton lower that I got thru here and its been great on all the different uppers I tested it with. I have a buddy going to show me how to put the other two lowers together so that way I do not have to worry about a major mess up. 

I will provide the links to all the parts as well so yall know what I will be working with. I will leave the other one out since the lower is already fully assembled. 

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ptac-16-mid-length-5-56mm-moe-fde-1-9-upper-with-bcg-charging-handle-and-mbus.html

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/moe-lower-build-kit-foliage-green.html

and the second one 

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index.php/ptac-16-1-7-m4-rifle-kit.html

I know these arent cream of the crop. The first us a cheap range rifle and the second is probably going to be sold to a friend on a budget. The third is going to be "my main squeeze". So I will leave it out for now. Any tips will be greatly appreciated. 

If you actually "buy" something to fix your problem, I'm going to personally come kick you in the shin. Place a foam ear plug under the rear takedown lug if it bothers you But, right now all you have is something you heard, they could fit together nicely when you actually try them. Probably 95% of all AR's have a small amount of play. It doesn't hurt accuracy, nor anything else for that matter Edited by KKing

If you actually "buy" something to fix your problem, I'm going to personally come kick you in the shin. Place a foam ear plug under the rear takedown lug if it bothers you But, right now all you have is something you heard, they could fit together nicely when you actually try them. Probably 95% of all AR's have a small amount of play. It doesn't hurt accuracy, nor anything else for that matter

Please dont kick me. I am going what I off what I had heard. I wasnt planning on spending anymore money. I was just trying to see if anyone might have ran across this issue and new how to fix it. 

I am an advocate for the o-ring around the pivot lug to remove wobble. Just as effective as the accuwedge or earplug but doesn't run any chances of getting foam or rubber running around loose in your trigger group.  

That being said, the likeliness of having a chunk beak off and finding itself into you trigger in a way that would block operation is realistically insanely low.  Its one of those things that i do it because the way my luck runs. Murphy likes to kick me in the **** whenever he gets the chance.

Edited by c.a.willard
  • Like 1
[quote name="RC3" post="1129528" timestamp="1395717557"]thanks for the feed back. What about the trigger group? I heard some of the guys here saying that the PTAC group sucks and the regular PSA is pretty darn good. [/quote] In my experience, the PSA is about as good as you'll get for a stock GI trigger, I don't have experience with the PTAC though

thanks for the feed back. What about the trigger group? I heard some of the guys here saying that the PTAC group sucks and the regular PSA is pretty darn good. 

I've uses LPKs containing trigger groups from ptac, CMMG, and a PSA. The PSA and CMMG were both OK out of the box, nothing to write home about and still plenty of room for improvement to trigger weight and feel but acceptable for a bare bones AR build. One of the 3 ptac triggers I've installed was just like the PSA the other 2 needed a little finish work with a fine file and some valve grinding compound to remove burrs/machining marks before I was happy with the feel of them.

Edited by 2.ooohhh

I'll go with the o ring if I need to. I will post photos of the three rifles as soon as I get everything and put them together. Called PSA today and asked if they could waive the "sign for the shipment" crap since I am at work 168% of them time when UPS stops by. They said no. I can barely hold myself together waiting for these. I will have three distinct AR 15s. Now my FAL, AK, and C93 will probably feel threatened for their superiority. My real nagging feeling is if there is noticeable play on the uppers and lowers and the green parts not matching. 

Sign up for UPS "My Choice".  It allows you to release packages online in advance of their arrival on a case by case basis if you still want the package delivered. Do know that if you sign online you take all responsibility for the package not getting stolen off your doorstep.

Which is my biggest fear in this predominately middle and upper middle class neighborhood. If that was the case, they could have had a hay day when I build mine and my brothers PC. Nothing like $3500 worth of parts sitting outside. But thanks for the info on the ups my choice. Will it be only when the packages are sent out or I can do it for a specific company?  

They send you an email in advance such as below-

"Your shipment(s) listed below is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Thursday, 03/20/2014

If the scheduled delivery needs to be changed, select the Tracking Number below or log on to ups.com to request a delivery change (e.g. reschedule or reroute) from the tracking detail.

Shipment 1
Tracking Number: 1ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Shipper: PALMETTO STATE ARMORY

Approximate Delivery Time: between 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM
UPS Service: UPS Ground

Signature Required "

If you see that a signature is required and you won't be there to sign you can log into the UPS website and release the package for delivery. Security is on you, I use a combo of friendly retired neighbors and security cameras covering where the packages are dropped off.

They send you an email in advance such as below-

"Your shipment(s) listed below is scheduled for delivery tomorrow.

Scheduled Delivery Date: Thursday, 03/20/2014

If the scheduled delivery needs to be changed, select the Tracking Number below or log on to ups.com to request a delivery change (e.g. reschedule or reroute) from the tracking detail.

Shipment 1
Tracking Number: 1ZXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Shipper: PALMETTO STATE ARMORY

Approximate Delivery Time: between 11:30 AM and 3:30 PM
UPS Service: UPS Ground

Signature Required "

If you see that a signature is required and you won't be there to sign you can log into the UPS website and release the package for delivery. Security is on you, I use a combo of friendly retired neighbors and security cameras covering where the packages are dropped off.

I hate bugging my neighbors to sign packages. They have no issue, but I feel like it is a burden. 

• 2 weeks later...
I had the same issues of always missing the UPS man. I signed up at the mychoice thing and had them hold my packages at the UPS distribution center. Thankfully that's all of 400 yards from where I work! :-)

That may not be convenient for you, but just sharing another option.

Second upper came in today. As soon as I opened the door to head out to work. And they dropped off my 1080 rounds of 5.45. NOW that, I had to sign. Not way around it. So much for them stating the delivery was supposed to happen around 5pm to 7pm.