AK pic thread

that_guy

Mr. Gone, with your scope mounted on that nice wood stocked Vepr how much better does it group for you?

I'm terrible when trying to use classic AK sights. I need to at least try using a peep sight I guess.

Very nice Vepr!

Don't really know about groups as I don't shoot that way, ;) but i can tell you with the Primary Arms 1-6 ACSS 300 scope, I can hit anything I want to within 2"-3". I don't really do well with stock sights either. I usually run a TWS Dogleg Rail with a Kel-tec peep sight on the rear and with the increased sight radius and better sight picture you can hit anything you can see. It makes a tremendous difference.

• Like 1
Guest 762prepper

My Arsenal SLR104UR took to the range yesterday and was happy with the accuracy. Still adjusting sights to give an idea of MOA.
D962D926-966D-4F47-BA9E-0D39FA59367B-985

Here's my latest project while I'm waiting on the Manticore handguard. I gave a shot at the Asura's copy of the Zenit B-10 to see how it would work. I got the Asura becasue i didn't want to spend on the real one without knowing if it were even possible. Let's just say it doesn't fit with out a good deal of work. While this one "fits" I could do a lot better on a second attempt now that I know all the parts that have to be modified. Top is an old beat up Yugo handguard that I painted to match to see if i liked it. BTW - the handguard itself is a very well made copy of the Zenit for less. I love the ergonomics. It is very thin and handles well. The light rail on the side is a bit out of spec. The gaps are too narrow, but a little file work can fix that. i suspect that the Zenit rail would not have this problem. 

IMG_20140428_202106094_HDR.jpg

Magic and I went this route also for a SBR.  Bought them from CNC Warrior with the Bonesteel folder already installed. Bought them before Christmas

when they had a great deal on them.

Magic and I went this route also for a SBR.  Bought them from CNC Warrior with the Bonesteel folder already installed. Bought them before Christmas

when they had a great deal on them.

Yeah, those were smoking deals. They've gone up quite a bit ... and rightly so. Wish I'd have had a bunch of extra money laying around then and I would've bought several.

• 2 weeks later...

th_IMG_12131_zps43a6bce9.jpg

my milled ak-74 build. It's a work in progress. All it needs is a fixed canted front sight, some rivets, and some dremeling, then i can put it together, maybe finish the barrel instead of having it stuck in the white. The receiver is from CNC Machine. I go the kit from ak-builder.com all #'s matching kit, except for the safety.

how about a better pic?

[url=http://s752.photobucket.com/user/King_Gunshot/media/IMG_11761_zps0247fe4e.jpg.html]IMG_11761_zps0247fe4e.jpg[/URL]

Yeah, I know the safety is missing. It technically isn't actually done yet. the trigger guard/ mag catch is messed up, so i'm getting a new one of those. I'm getting a krebs safety. I think the front sight is canted. And the barrel is still in the white.

Edited by that_guy
  • 1 month later...
Guest kingarmory

I got four AK's, two are still "under construction" (Norinco milled MAK-91NM and Maadi MISR).  Here are the two that are operational at the moment

NHM-91 with six 100rd drums (only two shown in pic)
Picture113a.jpg

Early Romanian SAR-1, unbelievably accurate AK

Picture192.jpg