Tell me about Antioch

Lennox Village or anywhere south of there is a long, long way to downtown/Vandy area.  It may not be as bad at 6am, but anytime you need to go home in the afternoon.... you have to get to 65 south, then get off at Old Hickory Boulevard (OHB), and then you have to get over to Nolensville Road ... with EVERYBODY else who lives out there.  This is the shortest and one of the only sane routes from Downtown into Upper Brentioch/Cane Ridge & Nolensville.  We looked in Cane Ridge... we did not buy there.

We have friends who are in Nolensville and love it.  We are partial to West Meade.  I know there are rentals on our street... not sure what they are asking.

Edited by Peace

Can confirm, Nolensville Rd during rush hour is ridiculous south of old hickory blvd. If they ever get around to widening to 4 lanes + turning lane -like the master plan indicates, it'll be much better. That just about makes Lenox Village impossible.

My Sister and Brother in law bought in the Crieve Hall area, it's convenient to downtown (fast access to I65, backup via secondaries if 65 is jammed due to wrecks, etc). Their community is nice and quiet, granted not all are.

What constitutes a "timely-manner" for your wife's on call status? 10 min? 15? 20? 30?

Edited by cj0e
[quote name="cj0e" post="1134849" timestamp="1396831065"] What constitutes a "timely-manner" for your wife's on call status? 10 min? 15? 20? 30?[/quote] Well it's not set in stone, but anything longer than 30 mins we probably aren't going to consider. And her call would be evenings and Saturdays so it should be outside normal "crazy". But I do understand the south Nashville area traffic. She stayed for a month at an extended stay hotel off old hickory in Brentwood. That I-65 OH intersection is mind numbing at 5:30

We lived in Crieve Hall for 6 years... very near the Harding exit on 65.  We loved it!  15 minutes from the whole world (downtown, cool springs, airport (multiple routes), green hills.)  Because of that single fact, we were able to sell our house in the housing bust for asking price... quickly.  

• Like 2
I echo the recommendation to consider Hermitage. I live in Smyrna now and love it, but the drive in from 40 on the East side is generally more predictable than from 24 south. Specifically, there are some nicer apartment/ condos right off I40 exit 221, Old Hickory Blvd.

I lived at Cherry Creek right after college and loved it! Close to lots of shopping and good restaurants, both chain and independent.

A little further out you have areas like Hickory Hills which have some very nice neighborhoods with very nice homes in the 220-300k range.