belly bands?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest c.a.s.

Cornered Cat (A mother who gives tips and stuff about children and families and guns, from a pro-gun perspective) made a mention that wearing a tube-top under lowers irritation (because her husband borrow hers occasionally) without extra binding or too much extra cloth.

I've used belly bands for years, they're great. The worst part is that they can be hot when it's warm....but an undershirt will help. Be careful when you sweat because the belly band will absorb your perspiration and get on your gun. I still have one of the original Action Direct ones, and I also have a DeSantis. I personally like the ones that have a strap that goes over the gun....some models don't have that. I checked out the one you're looking at...seems like a nice one. It's also more comfortable to wear one that has the gun pouch on one side and the mag pouches on the other, vs. right next to eachother....it helps to distribute the weight more evenly and doesn't cause it to sag down. There's several different brands/styles of belly bands for sale on eBay you may want to check out.

How well do they stay put on flab? :)

Define flab!

If you mean flab,as in portly,chunky,or round like a doughnut then it stays put. I do find it stays put better if my undershirt is tucked in.Now I can not comment on how they stay put on those with a flab deficiency for Ive never been one of those evil,evil food haters!

i carry a Glock 27 and Glock 22 in mine and dont use a Safe-T block either. they hide easy, and as PackinMama said it is pretty quick to get to as long as your shirt is untucked (which mine is about 99.99% of the time anyways.

i was nervous at first with the Glocks in the belly band holster, and carried with a empty chamber and trigger cocked. after about 2 weeks of daily carry, and the trigger hadnt pulled itself, i started carrying with a live round in the chamber again. everyone bashes Glocks about no safety, or AD's or ND's...but i have found that as long as you dont pull the trigger or get anything into the triggerguard area when holstering the gun, that they simply will not fire. imagine that... treat a revolver with the same lack of gun safety discipline and they will do the same thing a Glock will do. sure people (cops included) accidently shot themselves with revolvers, but that was chalked up to a design flaw of the revolver was it? thats why i love revolvers and Glocks, no levers to have to remember to flip, no special way you have to grip it to get the grip safety to disengage, just nothing to worry about. draw, aim, squeeze the trigger, and bang...

anyways, didnt mean to derail there...i'll look at the brand of mine and post what it is on here. i really love it...

Guest stovepipe

I sometimes carry a full size Sig in a belly band at mid-chest, about shoulder holster height. Hides well under a loose fitting shirt, but have had issues with moisture vapor if wearing under a jacket. Access is okay compared to other deep concealment methods. - Stove