Increasing the trigger pull on a Uberti 1873 Cattleman revolver.

One cal for all is a great idea. means only reloading for same....

Yes, it's easier that way.also about the safety thing , does your Uberti have the cylinder pin with the two notches?I've read that you can slide the pin all the way in to the last notch and it will keep the hammer from falling all the way down, but it may mushroom the end of the pin over time making it hard to remove.

Yes, it does. some folks shorten the pin and use the second notch. Under fast firing circumstances the pin can push itself out in recoil and lock up

the gun. I have never had that issue and I shoot fast. 

And don't worry if you happen to stick the pin in too far the gun will not fire. If it fails to fire that's the first check. Pull the pins out to the second notch and go to town.

Folks that have had the pin back out went to Colt pins. They don't back out and fit fine.

I stuck the rifle up on Armslist. I'll see how it goes there since there's lots of local boys that like that type of rifle. 

It just feels dangerous to me.2 lbs. is good on a bolt action rifle, but on a handgun I don't know. I have a Ruger Blackhawk that I'm guessing is about 4lbs.I've never measured it , but I'm going to to compare.I did find those springs in Brownells ,thanks.

Its not that its a handgun or rifle, you have to consider the way the gun works.

This pistol requires you to manually pull the hammer back before it will fire.   And you should not pull the hammer back until the gun is pointed in the direction that you wish to shoot.  It is not a cocked & locked gun -- you do not cock it until ready to fire. 

It is comparable to a lever action rifle.  When you crank the lever the gun is cocked and a light trigger pull fires the gun.  You don't keep a lever gun cocked all the time, you either chamber it and manually cock when in position or you keep it empty and cycle the lever when ready to shoot. 

I guess I am saying it is not dangerous because the only time these sorts of actions would be cocked is when facing downrange.   And until they are cocked, the trigger pull is not a factor in any accidental or negligent discharge.   The trigger pull for example has nothing to do with its ability to handle a drop etc. 

You can increase it if you prefer, sure.  But if there is some safety concern, look at it critically before spending $$ on springs and gunsmith time or your own time.  I have to feel that any safety fears on this gun are caused by not understanding something, because for the life of me I can't see how it would fire by accident since you have to pull that heavy hammer spring back to enable it and I have to assume no one would have it cocked and ready to fire outside of a safe downrange setup.

• Like 1