Need advice regarding casual gun belt

Guest Alpha Dog

Guest Alpha Dog

Fixing to buy a gun belt for casual wear carry.

I'm sure most of you guys already have one.

I have the option of getting 5 holes 1" apart or 7 holes 3/4" apart.

Do any of you have the 3/4" spacing and how do you like it over conventional 1" spacing?

Thanks.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fixing to buy a gun belt for casual wear carry.

I'm sure most of you guys already have one.

I have the option of getting 5 holes 1" apart or 7 holes 3/4" apart.

Do any of you have the 3/4" spacing and how do you like it over conventional 1" spacing?

Thanks.

Beltman?

Sorry I can't give you personal review yet, but I've ordered one from Beltman, and I chose the 7 holes..

My weight fluctuates yearly, seems, plus since I carry IWB, I figger this will be somewhat more versatile to tweak best fit.

I won't have it for another 2.5 weeks or so; if you haven't bought one by then, PM me or something and I'll give you my opinion then.

- OS

Guest Alpha Dog

Thanks for the input. I have been looking at about 3 other brands, but the Beltman (checked them out after you mentioned them) are pretty impressive. I may have to order one from them. And I've decided on the 7 hole.

Thanks again.

Thanks for the input. I have been looking at about 3 other brands, but the Beltman (checked them out after you mentioned them) are pretty impressive. I may have to order one from them. And I've decided on the 7 hole.

Thanks again.

They've built quite a rep; always mentioned in top couple of choices on any forum I've ever read; never read any neg feedback at all, 'cept it takes about a month to get one.

- OS

Guest db99wj
for casual use, I use a Galco Instructors belt (never see it cause of the shirt.) it works great!

galco.inst.belt.thumb.jpg

...and they are tacticool mall ninja certified....:popcorn:

If you guys are ever in Phoenix, you should drop by Wilderness Tactical. My brother lives there, and I went in March for his wedding. The Wilderness staff are really nice people. I bought a belt, and they fitted me and made it right there on the spot. They also sell a bunch of other things like AR accessories and some surefire, and magpull products. I spent way too much money.

Are there any places in East Tennessee that sell some nice leather gun belts? I hate buying stuff like that without seeing it in person.

I used to know a couple of stores that did custom leather and could recommend, but no longer in biz. Not enough folks wanting the best, especially gun leather class, to support them. Matter of fact, surely there is a custom leather maker or two still in the area, but I don't know who?

There are several leather stores in Pigeon Forge (Outback, Rocky Top, Stages West), and you might find a suitable belt there (especially Outback's second store at Old Mill - caters more to bikers), but note that they are not custom made onsite (and probably not even US made either).

And of course, generally overpriced, because they are in Pigeon Forge.

- OS

Guest num7striker

Hmm, my roommate's dad owns the Hayloft up that way.. I will ask him what kind of belts they carry, however I think it is more western-cowboyish.

Hmm, my roommate's dad owns the Hayloft up that way.. I will ask him what kind of belts they carry, however I think it is more western-cowboyish.

Well remember, besides craftsmanship/durability, the main thing with gunbelts is thickness. TheBeltMan's for example, are almost 1/4" thick (2 layers). And you can get a kydex stiffener even added in the middle of that if you want, although he states it's seldom necessary for the 1.5" and wider belts, unless you need a full duty type.

- OS

My 2 best and fav. ones are E.German mil. belts they fit my blue-jeans perfectly and are wider and not so flex. as ours. I like them better than my $50. Galco and $30. other gunbelt!

IMHO, more holes == more better.

I have been quite happy with my 5.11 gunbelt, procured at a police/tactical store in West Knoxville (forgot its name... Greene's, perhaps?). $30 bucks, seems to hold up well, has seven holes (I think) and they appear to be about an inch apart.

Well, got the Beltman Friday.

Simply, it's everything I've heard, helluva piece of leather. Also got a key carrier, decided it would be nice to free up a pocket and my key collection has gotten somewhat unruly.

I got the 1.5" incher, no internal stiffener and it seems to be adequate for anything I'll need.

But I think I'll also get a 1.75 incher, too. Might be overkill, but its been a long time since I've had one like this, and even have a custom buckle for that size I might like to wear again.

Anyway, I CERTAINLY recommend The Beltman's stuff.

- OS

IMHO, more holes == more better.

I have been quite happy with my 5.11 gunbelt, procured at a police/tactical store in West Knoxville (forgot its name... Greene's, perhaps?). $30 bucks, seems to hold up well, has seven holes (I think) and they appear to be about an inch apart.

Yeah, it was Greene's. I have the 5.11 gunbelt as well. It is very nice, and keeps my Leatherman Surge, cellphone, Glock 19, and extra mags in place over my fat butt. :)

Guest VolGrad
Well, got the Beltman Friday.

Simply, it's everything I've heard, helluva piece of leather. Also got a key carrier, decided it would be nice to free up a pocket and my key collection has gotten somewhat unruly.

I got the 1.5" incher, no internal stiffener and it seems to be adequate for anything I'll need.

But I think I'll also get a 1.75 incher, too. Might be overkill, but its been a long time since I've had one like this, and even have a custom buckle for that size I might like to wear again.

Anyway, I CERTAINLY recommend The Beltman's stuff.

- OS

I have two belts from The Beltman, both are 7 hole 1.5". I have a brown cow and a black horse. My preference is the horse. Try it on your next one. You won't be disappointed. It seems to have held its stiffness longer than the cow hide.

Guest Astra900

I had one made by Ken Hale @ Durango Saddle. It holds my pistol in place like none I have ever worn before. Not cheap, but you get what you pay for, and there is nothing like wearing something that was made for YOU instead of the masses.

Guest johnmattwill
If you guys are ever in Phoenix, you should drop by Wilderness Tactical. .

Just last week, I received my Wilderness Tactical 1.5", 5 stitch black instructors belt.... all's I can say is GREAT BELT for the price... the belt, blue jeans, and my MS VM2 .... very confortable combination...:D

I mentioned this in another thread, but I wore a cheaper belt while my good one was getting velcro sewn in and it sucked, big time, sagging, no support, uncomfortable. Get a good belt, it's worth it!