Pres debate

Guest canynracer

Guest GUTTERbOY

McCain did better. I still thought the thing was a yawner in general, though.

I'm pretty sure I saw a fat bearded guy in the audience catching some Zs towards the end.

:hiding:

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU
Analysts are saying Obama won the debate tonight. :hiding:

Key word in bold because the media continues to bend over for Obama.

:slap:

From Wikipedia: Analyst generally is a term for an individual or tool of whom or which the primary function is a deep examination of a specific, limited area...

Funny, I always thought there was a silent c in analysts.

Guest Verbal Kint

Funny, I always thought there was a silent c in analysts.

Anal-cysts? No... but that's what we're all going to feel like we have, once that jackass (Obama) gets elected President.

Guest Verbal Kint
Get used to saying "President Obama" folks. The media elite elected him months ago. :slap:

I urge everyone to vote and make sure that doesn't happen... but, unfortunately, I think you're right. :hiding:

And I'm still going to blame canynracer.

Guest db99wj
Get used to saying "President Obama" folks. The media elite elected him months ago. :)

Yep.

Been to several news sites, MSNBC, CNN, Fox and the comments against McCain are very similiar, he is "Old and Angry, doesn't inspire me" That is said over and over. The polls that were taken and the viewer blogs/comments all are saying this.

After the debate, NBC had Brian Williams and 2 democrats on to discuss the debate, they hammered McCain.

I'm afraid this election is done.

Guest db99wj
McCain did better, but he needed a blowout, and honestly didnt get it. Guys Im going to be very honest here, if we dont get some people out to vote Obama's going to win. Sad to say, but Im really worried.

Listening to the radio and the local conservative guy this morning put it this way.

Obama has people excited, they are giddy, they are pumped and telling everyone they see about it, they are in a frenzy.

McCain, people are supporting him because they are and have always been a republican, they support him because they don't like the other guy, they support him because this is what they got.

He went on to say that because of this, McCain can and will get in the mid 40% range, but Obama will get more and be our next President.

• Administrator

I've all but resigned myself to the Obamassiah being elected Supreme Grand Chancellor by the fanatical fruits that worship his very image. The media elite appointed him last year and reality is finally catching up to that and will finalize the deal in November. It pisses me off to no end, but the GOP has only itself to blame at this point.

Frankly I'll feel at least somewhat vindicated if Tennessee still falls to McCain. At least that way I can look all of the pious, smug, pro Obama a-holes here at work in the eye and gleefully remind them that no matter what, their vote didn't matter.

I'll also be flying the flag upside down for the next four years.

One thing I need to ask about.......

Did anyone else hear McCain talking about the mortgages and the bailout stuff?

Did I hear McCain right when he said that "WE" are going to buy these bad mortgage backed securities and the people will be able to refinance their houses at the rate that they are now appraised for? Did I hear that right? So if you bought a house for $200,000 and it now appraises for $150,000, these people are going to get a new mortgage based on $150,000. Is this also going to be a part of this bailout bill?

Yes, I heard that and I would really like some clarification. I sure as hell, am not for bailing out people who took out loans they new they couldn't afford. I can see maybe refinacing at a reasonable rate but no way should they get something for nothing at "WE's" expense.

• Administrator
Yes, I heard that and I would really like some clarification. I sure as hell, am not for bailing out people who took out loans they new they couldn't afford. I can see maybe refinacing at a reasonable rate but no way should they get something for nothing at "WE's" expense.

Frankly I think McCain was just pandering for votes when he said that. Which I find pretty reprehensible and desperate. His advisers were all probably sitting in the audience with their faces in their hands asking, "He just said what ???".

If someone took out a loan on something that they couldn't afford, then two people are at fault and should take the hit: Them and their lender. It's not the government's job to be their nanny and it's not my taxes job to bail them out.

Guest db99wj

This is about people that never had the ability to pay for these mortages in the first place and the policies that were in place and the guidlines from Fannie and Freddie Mac that demanded the loans to be issued when under normal circumstances. There will be a agency formed, well there is more government, that will invistigate the claims. There will be certain types of mortages that are considered high risk, like the no income, no job verification and 100% plus Loan to value loans. The person will submit their loan package, and an investigation will happen to determine if they qualify. Kinda like a class action lawsuit, you submit, they look at the details, to see if you qualify, if you do, you get the package, if you don't, have a nice day.

Don't know what debate most of you were watching, but Obama won, and won bigger than in the first debate. At least according to the undecided voter polls. And the general viewer polls. And according to the analysts, etc. Non-verbal communication was the key: "Obama looks more like a leader," "McCain is more like a typical politician," etc.

As in the first debate, Obama started strong and McCain finished strong, but McCains non-verbals could not make up the weak start. McCain needed a game changer last night, he did not get one. One more debate to go, Wed. from Hofstra University in New York. Domestic issues (Obama's strength) in a traditional format (Obama's strength.)

www.fivethirtyeight.com, http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/poll-tracker.htm and http://www.electoral-vote.com/ for some good agregate data on what the trends look like.

Latest racking poll data is here: http://www.gallup.com/poll/111040/Gallup-Daily-Obamas-Lead-Over-McCain-Expands.aspx

It aint over till its over, but here is something telling: I watched the debate with about 60 people last night. My frined sitting next to me in the theater gets a text from her husband. (She's a libertarian and he's voting for Bob Barr.) Here's the text of the message: "That swishing sound you hear is John McCain's presidential hopes going down the toilet." Yep.

Guest db99wj
Don't know what debate most of you were watching, but Obama won, and won bigger than in the first debate. At least according to the undecided voter polls. And the general viewer polls. And according to the analysts, etc. Non-verbal communication was the key: "Obama looks more like a leader," "McCain is more like a typical politician," etc.

As in the first debate, Obama started strong and McCain finished strong, but McCains non-verbals could not make up the weak start. McCain needed a game changer last night, he did not get one. One more debate to go, Wed. from Hofstra University in New York. Domestic issues (Obama's strength) in a traditional format (Obama's strength.)

www.fivethirtyeight.com, http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/election2008/poll-tracker.htm and http://www.electoral-vote.com/ for some good agregate data on what the trends look like.

Latest racking poll data is here: http://www.gallup.com/poll/111040/Gallup-Daily-Obamas-Lead-Over-McCain-Expands.aspx

It aint over till its over, but here is something telling: I watched the debate with about 60 people last night. My frined sitting next to me in the theater gets a text from her husband. (She's a libertarian and he's voting for Bob Barr.) Here's the text of the message: "That swishing sound you hear is John McCain's presidential hopes going down the toilet." Yep.

I think McCain won by a slight margin (probably due to my conservative beliefs), BUT, I agreehe did not have the game changer you speak of. I think the only way that Obama could lose at this point is that if he came out and said something crazy or something came out, that he could not deny, or get around like video of him saying something, a caught on tape type deal.

McCain cannot deliver a knockout blow to Obama with a debate. Plain and simple, Obama is a more polished and confident speaker than McCain. Obama is slick and persuasive. He makes things sound good and reasonable, even when they aren't.

McCain had a golden opportunity to take a stand and back up his "Maverick" rhetoric. Sadly, he blew it.

McCain should have taken a stand and voted NO on the $800 Billion rescue/bailout/handout bill based solely on the fact that it includes $100 Billion dollars of pure pork. That would have been a maverick political move. The bill would probably have passed anyway.

$1 out of $8 dollars is going right down the drain.

Voting no would have been the right thing to do and might have been a game changer for McCain.

As it stands now, his goose is cooked.

There is a good reason for that!

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YOh-rpvjYg[/ame]

• Administrator

I will concede that the GOP is running a non-starter for a candidate. That doesn't mean I like it and it definitely doesn't make Barack Obama any less of a huge steaming pile of ****. But I don't for a minute believe that Obama should strike me as being a leader.

A leader of WHAT? His background is as a Community Agitator. Sorry, Organizer. In one of ... if not THE ... most corrupt city governments in our wonderful country. He has less time on the job in the US Senate than the average McDonalds manager has on the job. His credentials consist of looking smooth, talking smooth and doing as he's told by the people financing his campaign and writing his speaches. In short, he's a stuffed suit and is the last person our country needs at the wheel during these next crucial four years.

McCain? Not much better. It sucks beyond belief that he is who the GOP decided to put on the stage as their man for the hour. People have sworn for years that politics is rigged, just like WWF wrestling. I'm starting to believe them. Somewhere, someone told McCain "You're going to go out into that ring and you're going to throw the fight. Don't worry, you don't have to do anything special. Just be yourself. That's all it is going to take."

Why Fred Thompson dropped out is still beyond me. My gut tells me he was paid off, blackmailed or threatened away. There's no other logical explanation. He was supposedly going to be the second coming of Ronald W. Reagan and what we got was a belly-flop off the diving board. Way to go, Fred! :leaving:

So where that leaves me right now is pretty f'ing irritated. Obama will end up winning this one barring divine intervention, and the country gets to bend over, grab both ankles and take it right up the O-Hole for the next four. I wasn't kidding when I said I'd be flying my flag upside down until 2012. :devil:

I really hope that the voting public is capable of putting 2+2 together and seeing that the Democrat controlled Congress has been utterly worthless and ineffective. This country's only hope of survival under an Obama Administration is if the GOP takes back both the House and Senate, building a firewall between the Legislative and Executive branches.

The only Hope for Change will be Obama wishing to God that Congress would just throw him a bone.

Why Fred Thompson dropped out is still beyond me. My gut tells me he was paid off, blackmailed or threatened away. There's no other logical explanation. He was supposedly going to be the second coming of Ronald W. Reagan and what we got was a belly-flop off the diving board. Way to go, Fred! :leaving:

I am with you on Thompson. I had a lot of hope when announced his candidacy. Then, once he got out on the campaign trail, he acted like he did not want to campaign. He acted like he did not even want to be President. He acted completely indifferent to the whole process. I have no idea why he even got in the race. It was sad.

I don't think he was paid off, blackmailed or threatened. I think he was just a dud to begin with.

• Administrator

All I know for sure is that after he utterly and completely failed as a pre-runner, he established his Fred PAC to "help identify and support candidates on every level who support a platform of conservative, principles-based leadership and policies". He even sent me a nice form letter asking me to donate.

Sorry, Fred. I donated the first time when you were dipping your toes into the water and decided it was too cold for a swim. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.

Guest unreconstructed1
. In short, he's a stuffed suit and is the last person our country needs at the wheel during these next crucial four years.

what Obama is, is a post turtle.

McCain is a sham.

Thompson realized it was more fun acting on Law and Order than it would be Acting on behalf of the American People

and I STILL say that the only worthy person to come out of either major party this go round was-and is- Ron Paul.