Will Gun Prices Drop?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest abailey362

I'd say they will go up. Tangible items will hold price or continue to rise as the manufacturer's try and hold margin, especially in items that naturally hold value.

If paper money becomes useless except for toilet paper....guns will work exactly the same as before the market crashed....maybe even better

Besides that, with the election coming up, people are buying up guns left and right.

Guest looneeetunes

for instance i was in wd sports in knoxville on wed of this week. i was looking at a smith and wesson 642. price was $399.00 , they said on thursday it was going up to $445.00. the 399 was not a sale price i assumed the reason smith was going up and they were going up to replace the sale. kind of like gas prices gas in the ground goes up for the next shipment comming in... ohh wait my bad the barrel has droped and we are still paying 3.39. maybe be a bad scenario thats a scenario for price gouging :koolaid:

I'd say they will go up. Tangible items will hold price or continue to rise as the manufacturer's try and hold margin, especially in items that naturally hold value.

If paper money becomes useless except for toilet paper....guns will work exactly the same as before the market crashed....maybe even better

Besides that, with the election coming up, people are buying up guns left and right.

A manufacturer's margin will stay the same as long as the price to the distributor stays the same. Their margin will only go down if they don't raise prices to distributors and their costs go up.

for instance i was in wd sports in knoxville on wed of this week. i was looking at a smith and wesson 642. price was $399.00 , they said on thursday it was going up to $445.00. the 399 was not a sale price i assumed the reason smith was going up and they were going up to replace the sale. kind of like gas prices gas in the ground goes up for the next shipment comming in... ohh wait my bad the barrel has droped and we are still paying 3.39. maybe be a bad scenario thats a scenario for price gouging :koolaid:

Then WD is doing the exact same thing that many, many gas stations are doing, PRICE GOUGING!

Guest gcrookston

The top collectible guns continue to rise in value. I don't know what the bottom end will do. When I started collecting, some 20+ years ago it seemed the high-end lugers cost a month's wages.... today they cost 2 month's wages. Either I'm lucky I'm making more or I'm unlucky I'm making more...

Collector guns may hold their value, but used everyday carry guns and others will drop.

As you can see the higher priced used guns are not selling well, while the “deals†are snatched up as soon as they are posted.

When people need money; they need it. They don’t have time to wait for the right buyer. With 401K’s and investments crashing “toys†will be the first to go.

I had a sales person in a gun store comment to me that everybody was buying guns and ammunition these days. Almost like they were expecting a war. When Obama is elected and we all have to surrender our guns to the government, wonder if they'll pay us fair market value?

Guest Mugster

When money is tight, generally prices drop. But money is not really tight yet. Its almost impossible to predict. But you can get a killer deal on an F150.

When money is tight, generally prices drop. But money is not really tight yet. Its almost impossible to predict. But you can get a killer deal on an F150.

They are giving 3/4 and 1 ton diesel trucks away right now...sure wish I needed another truck.

With the economy in the crapper, will the price of guns begin to make a downward turn any time soon?

:P

Most gun companies are raising their prices faster than they can ship them.