CIA C39

jacob

From the reviews and comments I have found online it seems like there were some earlier issues with the rifle a few years back but it appears they have begun to work out the bugs and get consistent reliability....The furniture isn't the greatest but that wasn't a factor to me anyway....
Just got my shipping notice...hopefully I will get it in before the end of the week and can get it to the range this weekend...I will try to post up some photos and give my uneducated impressions...

Just got my shipping notice...hopefully I will get it in before the end of the week and can get it to the range this weekend...I will try to post up some photos and give my uneducated impressions...

Not being a purist, I myself think it's great that there are domestic AK makers, the more the merrier. Might be only way to get new AKs ere long. Heck, even foreign AK rifles have to be partially fitted with USA made parts for many years now anyway.

- OS

Edited by Oh Shoot
[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1175598" timestamp="1407187234"]Not being a purist, I myself think it's great that there are domestic AK makers, the more the merrier. Might be only way to get new AKs ere long. Heck, even foreign AK rifles have to be partially fitted with USA made parts for many years now anyway. - OS[/quote] That whole pesky 922r thing?? I agree would be nice to see more US makers adopt the design with success...
[quote name="Fourtyfive" post="1175660" timestamp="1407195237"]I'm late to the party .... [url="http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/78594-cai-centurion-39-milled-ak-wood/"]http://www.tngunowners.com/forums/topic/78594-cai-centurion-39-milled-ak-wood/[/url][/quote] So did you get one man?? How does it do?? I've already spent my money so if it's not good don't tell me...lol...

Got my rifle in today. Fit and finish is more than I expected. Rifle finish was pretty much flawless. There were some minor marks from handling here and there, but no scratches, gouging, or sharp edges. The bolt carrier is very smooth and lacks the tooling marks you see on a lot of the Romanians. Front sight post is centered, not notoriously canted as some rifles are known for. Muzzle break does have a little wobble as I have read, but could be remedied with a washer of some sort (will probably replace with a 74 style brake). Reviews I have read seem to attribute the wobble directly to the brake itself, and that replacing with a different brake immediately alleviates the issue. I took some photos with my smart phone to show some of what I am describing. I also installed the key mod hand guard up front...hoping for an Aimpoint H1 for Christmas. Really excited about shooting this... unudavu6.jpgdemu3edy.jpgu5e5uryg.jpgsutynuva.jpg

• Like 3

.... Muzzle break does have a little wobble as I have read, but could be remedied with a washer of some sort (will probably replace with a 74 style brake). Reviews I have read seem to attribute the wobble directly to the brake itself, and that replacing with a different brake immediately alleviates the issue. ....

Doesn't it have detente that keeps it from unscrewing? If so how many groove options for the detente to sit in?

Meaning, if it uses normal AK convention for that, unlikely any would be tight since unlikely would come out right for detente/groove. Hell, I've got a flash hider that has 10 options for the detente, but none lined up for tight.

But yeah, a crush washer can usually get it both tight and aligned into groove.

- OS

only have 1 option on the brake for the detent.  since the brake is designed to direct the gases straight up it can only sit in that position.  I can get about a 1/2 turn more around on the brake before it tightens completely onto the front sight post, well short of the detent...if it won't affect the function of the rifle, i'll leave the dang thing alone...I kinda like the looks of it...

only have 1 option on the brake for the detent.  since the brake is designed to direct the gases straight up it can only sit in that position.  I can get about a 1/2 turn more around on the brake before it tightens completely onto the front sight post, well short of the detent...if it won't affect the function of the rifle, i'll leave the dang thing alone...I kinda like the looks of it...

I think the idea is that with right thickness crush washer you can catch the detente position and have it tight.

- OS

[quote name="Oh Shoot" post="1176849" timestamp="1407466808"]I think the idea is that with right thickness crush washer you can catch the detente position [b]and[/b] have it tight. - OS[/quote] Ok...so I know I can order online but was hoping for a local solution. None of my local shops have a crush washer to fit an AK barrel. Is there another option besides ordering online that I could get from a local hardware store? Did a search online but never really found anything definitive other than most AK brakes are loose and tightening them only really serves to somewhat improve accuracy...
Took my brake off my other AK when I got home and it indexed perfectly...snugged up and clicked into the detent with an extra small amount of torque...I feel a little better about shooting it now since I don't have the additional wobble...