Kydex holster for Glock 35.

Does anyone know where to get a kydex holster with a thumb break for a Glock 35. I have checked Comp-tac, Blade-tech, G-code, Raven, Blackhawk, and others. It is easy to find a Kydex holster, but nobody seems to make one with a thumb-break. I need one for when I'm not wearing my duty belt. On duty, I use a Safariland 6280. Thanks for the help!

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've done a LOT of holster looking in the last year or so, and I don't know of any off hand except a couple of models of Uncle Mike's.

Even Googled just to refresh my memory...nada but the UM's.

You wanting an IWB or something for off duty?

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
I'm looking for an "on-duty," but not wearing my whole belt kind of holster. Uncle Mike's makes one for the 17/22, but not the 34/35. Find me one, and I may have to buy you a coke next time I am in Knoxville!

Well, I took it as a challenge: here is, by Fobus at their site:

GLOCK 17/19/22/23/31/32/34/35 -THUMB BREAK ROTO-HOLSTER™ BELT 2 1/4

http://www.fobusholster.com/products/GLOCK_17_19_22_23_31_32_34_35_THUMB_BREAK_ROTO_HOLSTER_BELT_2_1_4-4251-41.html

Or here at CopsPlus:

http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum2294.php

Ugly sucker, looks like Darth Vader would keep his light saber in it.

I believe dept requires you to have thumb break for personal carry , yes?

But does it HAVE to be a plastic fantastic instead of nice leather?

- OS

I believe dept requires you to have thumb break for personal carry , yes?

But does it HAVE to be a plastic fantastic instead of nice leather?

- OS

No thumb break required for concealed carry, the dept issues the serpa holster, and this is what I carry my Glock 23 in. I want kydex because I think it looks more tacti-cool!

Guest Verbal Kint

Did you ask Raven if they would make a holster, with thumb break, for you?

It's been my understanding, from reading past accounts, that they will do whatever they can to fill the customer's needs... even producing one-off designs / altering existing holsters.

If you're just going off what they have listed, you might email them and see. Like I said, I've heard really good things from their owner / staff.

Did you ask Raven if they would make a holster, with thumb break, for you?

It's been my understanding, from reading past accounts, that they will do whatever they can to fill the customer's needs... even producing one-off designs / altering existing holsters.

If you're just going off what they have listed, you might email them and see. Like I said, I've heard really good things from their owner / staff.

I will check with them, I have only looked at their website. I have found the Safariland 6287, but it is on the expensive side.

I used a leather Pancake thumb break if I didn’t wear full gear. (You mean like working inside HQ instead of on the street, or to and from work?)

I think they look a lot better than Kydex.

Wouldn’t a Kydex with a thumb break look weird? Wouldn’t people be pointing at you and laughing? Not to mention all that noise every time you had to pull your gun in or out of the holster. :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
I used a leather Pancake thumb break if I didn’t wear full gear. (You mean like working inside HQ instead of on the street, or to and from work?)

I think they look a lot better than Kydex.

Wouldn’t a Kydex with a thumb break look weird? Wouldn’t people be pointing at you and laughing? Not to mention all that noise every time you had to pull your gun in or out of the holster. :confused:

I wanted kydex b/c we have to wear nylon duty gear, and I think mixing leather and nylon screams "mall security." But Dave, I like people to point and laugh at me! Most of the guys I work with are getting away from wearing a full duty belt, b/c a lot of our stops involve narcotics and crawling around under vehicles.