Traveling with someone that may have marijuana for work.

In either scenario I would provide my identification and let them search , cause I don't go around with illegal things in my car. Which was the original topic. And wether or not I would talk would depend on the scenario. If we got pulled over for speeding Id let them searxh me and be on my way. If I was involved in a shooting I would probably want an attorney. Unless the story spoke for itself. Like a robbery etc. The "street attorneys" are teaching criminals how to get away with stuff. Again I ask who's side are we on? I mean don't we carry to deter criminals from committing crimes and to protect ourselves from criminals wanting to harm ourselves our loved ones and our neighbors? Having police patrol the streets and ask for id's is a necessary evil that helps to prevent us from ever needing our fire arm. I don't like getting harassed by the police as much as the next guy, but if they get one criminal off the street for every 10 law abiding citizen they harass, I'm fine with that.

This entire quote scares me.  There is so much wrong here that I'm not even going to pick it apart.

This sounds like a brochure for the communists' party.  Freedom? Who needs it.  

This type of mentality is very sad.

Guest S4boost

This entire quote scares me. There is so much wrong here that I'm not even going to pick it apart.

This sounds like a brochure for the communists' party. Freedom? Who needs it.

This type of mentality is very sad.

Communist? Far from it.

Edit: you should probably read the extended definition of communism... Maybe I'm crazy but I see absolutely no connection in me stating that cooperating with the police is communist. Lol. Clearly I'm not saying something correctly or you guys like making things difficult for yourselves. I simply choose to make choices to make things easier. The likely hood of being searched without reason is pretty low. If that were to happen I would defend my right. If they wanna search a clean car. I really don't care. If they damage my stuff I'll sue. Im pretty average joe looking guy with a regular car and a regular job and a regular clothes. And I stay out of high crime. No reason to suspect me. However I did have an officer accuse me of being in control of a motor vehicle when I wa a intoxicated. I told him o was t. He said I was lying. Which isn't true. I told him if he was going to arrest me then do it cause it was pointless to give me a sobriety test cause I had already admitted to being intoxicated. And told him I was not in control of the vehicle. I was sitting in the front passenger seat. The driver was in the back seat. The keys were on the dash. A party had just gotten broken up and we were calling a ride cause we had oroginally planned to stay there until the police broke it up.

They let me go.

Had I went full on street attorney I more than likely would have gotten a free ride to 940 new Salem in the boro and then would have had the opportunity to receive consultation from a paid attorney. It's our justice system. Cops are working. They're not infallible. I make mistakes at work so do you. Honesty and integrity will help. A lot. Resistance and being the "smart guy" don't.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Communism Edited by S4boost

However I did have an officer accuse me of being in control of a motor vehicle when I wa a intoxicated. I told him o was t. He said I was lying. Which isn't true. I told him if he was going to arrest me then do it cause it was pointless to give me a sobriety test cause I had already admitted to being intoxicated. And told him I was not in control of the vehicle. I was sitting in the front passenger seat. The driver was in the back seat. The keys were on the dash. A party had just gotten broken up and we were calling a ride cause we had oroginally planned to stay there until the police broke it up.

Probably what he was saying to you is that Tennessee is a “physical Control” state. If the keys were on the dash; and you were in the passenger’s seat with no one in the driver’s seat; you were in physical control. Unless there is case law (I don’t know if there is or not in this state) each DA will have their own standards for determining if they will charge DUI.

The one I had never heard of until I came to Tennessee was that if you and I are out drinking and have my car and I decide I’m too drunk to drive, if I let you drive and you are drunk; I can also be arrested for DUI if we are stopped.

Don't drink and drive seems pretty simple to me.
Guest S4boost

Probably what he was saying to you is that Tennessee is a “physical Control” state. If the keys were on the dash; and you were in the passenger’s seat with no one in the driver’s seat; you were in physical control. Unless there is case law (I don’t know if there is or not in this state) each DA will have their own standards for determining if they will charge DUI.The one I had never heard of until I came to Tennessee was that if you and I are out drinking and have my car and I decide I’m too drunk to drive, if I let you drive and you are drunk; I can also be arrested for DUI if we are stopped.Don't drink and drive seems pretty simple to me.

I don't drink and drive period.

But Yes. It's possible. But it wasn't my car. I wasn't in the drivers seat. The owner of the vehicle got in the back seat specifically to show we weren't going to drive. Hell the other guy in the back seat was blowing chunks right in front of the police. The just watched. We were waiting for a cab. Then one cop shined his flashlight in the window shouted "I saw that" and said he saw me switch seats from the driver side to the passenger which is false. I had turned my shoulders to talk to the owner of the vehicle and possessor of the keys to get a status update on our ride. The officer was literally just being a punk. I think he actually got fired. He was known for being a bit of a punk.

And also.. Here's a cool video. This is my point exactly. The guy wanted to get smart. H went to jail. I theres a good chance if he would have cooperated she would have given him a warning. I don't necessarily agree with the officer in this scenario as it seems like abuse of power, however, my point stands. The police win.... Most times.

http://racecarthings.com/time-go-jail-another-rights-guy-fail/

I don't drink and drive period.

But Yes. It's possible. But it wasn't my car. I wasn't in the drivers seat. The owner of the vehicle got in the back seat specifically to show we weren't going to drive. Hell the other guy in the back seat was blowing chunks right in front of the police. The just watched. We were waiting for a cab. Then one cop shined his flashlight in the window shouted "I saw that" and said he saw me switch seats from the driver side to the passenger which is false. I had turned my shoulders to talk to the owner of the vehicle and possessor of the keys to get a status update on our ride. The officer was literally just being a punk. I think he actually got fired. He was known for being a bit of a punk.

And also.. Here's a cool video. This is my point exactly. The guy wanted to get smart. H went to jail. I theres a good chance if he would have cooperated she would have given him a warning. I don't necessarily agree with the officer in this scenario as it seems like abuse of power, however, my point stands. The police win.... Most times.

http://racecarthings.com/time-go-jail-another-rights-guy-fail/

You are absolutely correct that there is a time and a place and a way to assert your rights. Simply refusing a search when there is no PC is the right way to do it. You will almost NEVER win once you get to the point of arguing, though. Just state that you don't consent to any searches in a respectful manner and let the dash cam, or your phone cam if you choose to go that route, record your stating it. If they choose to go ahead with the search then let your lawyer be the lawyer. Choosing to get confrontational at the side of the road will only lead to hurt feelings at best; hurt ribs, face, arms, legs at worst. 

Guest S4boost
Go read my introduction post in th new members sub forum. This guy is talking mainly about trial cases and weird nuances in the law like being charged federally for having a lobster. I found this website while searching for an attorney familiar with self defense law to represent me in the event that I ever needed to use a firearm. If I were ever involved in that kind of scenario I would speak to an attorney.

Long, but good information.

Dont Talk to Police: http://youtu.be/6wXkI4t7nuc

The absolute best advice. I'm not sure how practical it is in a roadside stop, though. I guess you could just comply with orders and not respond verbally to any questions. I have watched that entire video more than once though. When even a cop says don't talk to the police, you know it's best not to do so. I have been given this same advice by a police officer in a training class as well, but in that case it was pertaining to specifically to a self defense shooting situation.