How Do You Clean it?? Rem 750

Ray Z

I just picked up a Remington 750 autoloading rifle in 308 for deer hunting. I pulled it down and pretty well cleaned and lubed it from stem to stern. Only place I couldn't reach to clean was the chamber. I use the bore snakes for cleaning up the tube but I can't think of anything to the chamber. Any thoughts.

I just picked up a Remington 750 autoloading rifle in 308 for deer hunting. I pulled it down and pretty well cleaned and lubed it from stem to stern. Only place I couldn't reach to clean was the chamber. I use the bore snakes for cleaning up the tube but I can't think of anything to the chamber. Any thoughts.

Do you remove the trigger group and bolt? My brother has one in 30-06, years ago I cleaned and lubed it but can't remember how to remove the bolt but the trigger group comes out just like an 870 after you remove the 2 pins. I remember it was harder to re-install though. Like I said I don't remember alot about taking it down but I would think you could get something in the chamber with an empty reciever.

Do you remove the trigger group and bolt? My brother has one in 30-06, years ago I cleaned and lubed it but can't remember how to remove the bolt but the trigger group comes out just like an 870 after you remove the 2 pins. I remember it was harder to re-install though. Like I said I don't remember alot about taking it down but I would think you could get something in the chamber with an empty reciever.

Yes I do take the trigger group out. But can't get to the chamber with a chamber brush.  

Yes I do take the trigger group out. But can't get to the chamber with a chamber brush.  

I have a brush that came with a handgun I bought, it's a .45 caliber nylon brush perminantly attached to a wire coil that I have used after bending the wire 90 degrees to get into the chamber of my 30-30. It's a little awkward but it will work somewhat.

I found my own answer to my problem. Remington makes a "flex rod" that will do the job nicely. They have one that's 12" long. That will be all I need to get a brush into the chamber after taking the trigger assembly out. It was , It was like 6 bucks.

• Like 1