Cougar

Mark@Sea

No offense to me. I googled rattlesnakes in TN and that site came up. If I came across a timber rattler while hiking, I would kill it, with fire. Then nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure. Most snakes don't bother me too much, unless I'm night hiking, which I try not to do.

I'm going to pour some beef livers and cow blood on Mike's tent. I'll try to kill that "housecat" while its after Mike. :lol:

I think I'll sleep in the truck.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No offense to me. I googled rattlesnakes in TN and that site came up. If I came across a timber rattler while hiking, I would kill it, with fire. Then nuke it from orbit, its the only way to be sure. Most snakes don't bother me too much, unless I'm night hiking, which I try not to do.

I'm going to pour some beef livers and cow blood on Mike's tent. I'll try to kill that "housecat" while its after Mike. :)

I think I'll sleep in the truck.

:P:lol:

Guest Verbal Kint

Black panthers? In Tennessee? Hmm... wait... yeah... I think there's been a few sitings...

aobamapanthersendorse500.jpg

Try searching around Memphis and then branch out... I'm sure you'll find some. :lol:

I've had a TWRA tell me that there were no rattlesnakes in TN.

I saw a rattlesnake stretched out across the road in Cades Cove sunning itself a few years ago. Some guy poked it with a really long stick and it moved offf the road. the gawkers were dissapointed that traffic was not stopped for a bear sighting.

in TN on four legs bigger than a chipmunk that ain't killed every year by hunters (legally or not).

Mike 5 Chipmonks 0 -2008 death toll so far-

beef livers and cow blood

i thought that was going to be dinner, I guess you are planning on me being dinner.

OhShoot, just because you haven't seen one doesn't mean they don't exist here.

NObody's seen one.

Got one out at the zoo? Maybe that counts.

Nobody's seen a cupracabra, yeti, or bigfoot either.

Hell, even Libertarians are quite rare.

- OS

NObody's seen one.

Got one out at the zoo? Maybe that counts.

Nobody's seen a cupracabra, yeti, or bigfoot either.

Hell, even Libertarians are quite rare.

- OS

because no one has seen them, doesn't mean they're not there...lots of folks are so busy with their own lives that they've forgotten HOW to look..or even what to look for.

while there are many hunters in Tn, they're not used to looking for big cats...so I really doubt that they'd know what it was even if they saw it...they'd guess but wouldn't be 100% sure.

Catamounts are not bobcats. catamounts aren't bears..while they are predators, they're not something we see so I doubt that, even if they WERE seen, they'd be identified accurately.

even it its not a puma, play by boyscout rules...always be prepared.

I saw a horse the other day that had a wierd horn growing out of it's head... I was going to take a picture, but it flew away :P

The noise could have been made by any number of animals... and it's not impossible for it to have been a large feline of some kind.

one of my neighbors less than a mile away saw one in his back yard after his small dog. he ran out on the porch and it jumped his chain link fence. he said tail and all it was between 5 and 6 ft long. this was just after sun down. i have never known him to lie or to be one to try to attract attention.

Guest Boomhower
Wow, now BLACK panthers.

- OS

Forgive me of your ignorance, I should have said dark figure.

But you are absoulty right, there was nothing out there. I made it all up.....had ya going there for a sec. didn't I? :rofl::)

Guest looneeetunes
Chupecabra.

you may be onto something. i listened thru alot of the sounds that reaper2u posted a link to the soundboard on. the closest sound i could find to it was sounds of bigfoot. next time i hear it i am not just grabbing my gun, my camera goes this time too. i think my chest freezer will hold him. might have to eat some steaks and fries to make room in there.;):D

Guest Astra900
Are Bobcats a nuisance? Seems like it would be better just to let them be to kill pests unless you had a chicken coop or somethin.

They are pretty skittish. I can't imagine them being a nuisance, we have a few around here, and I'd bet a dollar and a quarter most people couldn't get within 150 yards of one, except by luck. I've had the privilege of seeing a couple of them in the wild. Damn they are wicked fast!