Sig Sauer Press Release on the ATF Forearm Brace Ruling

JimmyMac483

Ok, maybe I'm dense, but if it is a pro ruling, allowing the sale and use of Stabilizing Arm Braces, how will it really help those who shoulder it?

Do you think that will be the kicker on it, if the BATFE decides that using it as a shoulder stock makes it an SBR, and therefore illegal, needing to be taxed? 

Will the BATFE decide to pick an individual and prosecute for an unlawful use, i.e., using it as a shoulder stock?

Or will owners of it just go about their merry way and disregard the ruling?

• 5 weeks later...
Email from Sig ...

SIG SAUER

BATFE REAFFIRMS PISTOL BRACE LEGAL TO OWN, INSTALL AND USE
Newington, N. H. (February 20, 2015) – SIG SAUER, Inc. has issued the following statement relative to the January 2015 open opinion letter issued by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms regarding the SB15 and SBX Pistol Stabilizing Braces.

BATFE Technical Branch issued an open opinion letter dated January 16, 2015 regarding the Pistol Stabilizing Brace (SB15 and SBX) which is marketed by SIG SAUER®. Contrary to several statements subsequently made in social media, this opinion letter did not make or otherwise declare that the SB15 product is illegal. The BATFE letter stated that the SB15 is a product “which is legal to own, legal to purchase and legal to install on a pistol.” SIG SAUER believes that the PSB enhances the shooter’s experience and offers the products as an accessory and pre-installed on a number of pistols. In all of its opinions, BATFE has consistently stated that a pistol with a stabilizing brace attached remains a pistol under the Gun Control Act when used as designed.

SIG SAUER
SIG SAUER
SIG SAUER
PISTOLS RIFLES SILENCERS OPTICS AMMO STORE SIG SAUER ACADEMY

STAY CONNECTED
FACEBOOK YOUTUBE INSTAGRAM

We are sending this email because you have either registered your firearm with us, registered for our newsletters, or entered one of our promotions. DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL, as this email address is used only for sending information about special promotions or surveys. This mailbox is not monitored. If you need assistance or have questions regarding our products or services, please call (603) 418-8102, and we will be happy to assist you. Thank you.

SIG SAUER Inc.,
72 Pease Boulevard, Newington, NH 03801
(603) 610-3000
www.SIGSAUER.com

This message was sent to
SIG SAUER - Do Not Reply To This Email | sigsauer@sigsauer.com | SIG SAUER, Inc. | 72 Pease Blvd. | Newington, NH 03801
Email Marketing by iContact - Try It Free!

Unsubscribe

Watch how many idiots write to the atf AGAIN asking atf  to clarify sigs announcement. This #### will never end.Wish guys would just leave it alone or belly up and pay 80 more bucks for friggin sbr stamp.....I mean just buy the thing and use it, barney fife is not going to rambo out of a creek and spank anyone for shouldering a 5 or 6 Pound pistol......lord have mussy!

Edited by Dustbuster
  • Like 2

Watch how many idiots write to the atf AGAIN asking atf  to clarify sigs announcement. This #### will never end.Wish guys would just leave it alone or belly up and pay 80 more bucks for friggin sbr stamp.....I mean just buy the thing and use it, barney fife is not going to rambo out of a creek and spank anyone for shouldering a 5 or 6 Pound pistol......lord have mussy!

I hear ya on the pay the extra $80 , getting ready to do it !
  • Like 2

That's a real possibility for me as well. I've been thinking along those lines for a year or so, but like most here; just waiting to see if it could be an unnecessary expense.

But with all the bs from the questions to the BATFE, it's looks more and more like the path of least resistance for a little fun.

Could all this have been just a ruse by the feds to insure that they wouldn't lose money from those who would now not SBR every year?

Maybe a little far-fetched, but....??

Edited by hipower

That's a real possibility for me as well. I've been thinking along those lines for a year or so, but like most here; just waiting to see if it could be an unnecessary expense.But with all the bs from the questions to the BATFE, it's looks more and more like the path of least resistance for a little fun.Could all this have been just a ruse bu the feds to insure that they wouldn't lose money from those who would now not SBR every year?Maybe a little far-fetched, but....??

Prob not my friend ....