New motorcycle leads to bad weather blues

Spots

Yeah my wife still isnt convinced enough to ride lol. I love being on a bike as much as possible. I wish it was a softtail, don't make that kinda money yet though. Id actually prefer either a Fat Bob or a street glide for my next one.

There is nothing in this world like the solitude provided by a bike on lonely stretches of road. Most of my life epiphanies have happened on long, long rides. you get about 8 hours in on a trip with minimal stops for gas, and it honestly gives you so much time to reflect. It really is cathartic. 

• Like 1

There is nothing in this world like the solitude provided by a bike on lonely stretches of road. Most of my life epiphanies have happened on long, long rides. you get about 8 hours in on a trip with minimal stops for gas, and it honestly gives you so much time to reflect. It really is cathartic.

I love riding. Even riding in a pack, theres a solitude to it that gives you time to think. I love a good 500 mile run, whether in a pack or solo, with no time limits or worries and a little beer and gas money in my pocket. I hate to quote Sons of Anarchy, I really hate what that shows has done for the club world, but this one seems fitting.

" Something happens at around 92 miles an hour - thunder-headers drown out all sound, engine vibrations travels at a heart's rate, field of vision funnels into the immediate and suddenly you're not on the road, you're in it. A part of it. Traffic, scenery, cops - just cardboard cutouts blowing over as you past. Sometimes I forget the rush of that. That's why I love these long runs. All your problems, all the noise, gone. Nothing else to worry about except what's right in front of you."
  • Like 1

I love riding. Even riding in a pack, theres a solitude to it that gives you time to think. I love a good 500 mile run, whether in a pack or solo, with no time limits or worries and a little beer and gas money in my pocket. I hate to quote Sons of Anarchy, I really hate what that shows has done for the club world, but this one seems fitting.

" Something happens at around 92 miles an hour - thunder-headers drown out all sound, engine vibrations travels at a heart's rate, field of vision funnels into the immediate and suddenly you're not on the road, you're in it. A part of it. Traffic, scenery, cops - just cardboard cutouts blowing over as you past. Sometimes I forget the rush of that. That's why I love these long runs. All your problems, all the noise, gone. Nothing else to worry about except what's right in front of you."

That's one of the reasons why I enjoy riding at a "spirited" pace.  It requires focus such that all other things must go away.  Having a singular focus, if only for a few minutes, is cathartic.  Those moments are important, more so in today's over-stimulated society. 

• Like 1

Here is the one I picked up last weekend. Can't wait to get it out. Few small things to do to make it mine.

[URL=http://s119.photobucket.com/user/MudBugjr/media/buell1_zpsuigty62m.jpg.html]buell1_zpsuigty62m.jpg[/URL]

[url=http://s119.photobucket.com/user/MudBugjr/media/buell_zpscheui4j5.jpg.html]buell_zpscheui4j5.jpg [/URL]

Edited by MudBugjr
  • Like 3

Spots so I guess I need to blame you for my low commission check then (I work for HD :pleased: ) Cool scoot you got there! 

MudBugjr is that a Redneck? If it is then they look like they have cleaned up there lines and kits a lot from the last time I looked into hacking up a buell!

Here is the one I picked up last weekend. Can't wait to get it out. Few small things to do to make it mine.

buell1_zpsuigty62m.jpg

buell_zpscheui4j5.jpg 

Paughco frame fatbob tank and headlights. Rest buell of coarse. Built by S&G in Columbia. Have a few thing s I need to change for me personally. But For what I have in it and its larger cc than most bobbers I like it.

Thats a slick looking bike. I think we really need to do a TGO ride as soon as the weathwr clears a little.

Update on mine. I decided to keep the struts for now, and ride it a little as is. I changed the oil, flushed and bled brakes and clutch, new plugs and wires, pulled, cleaned and tuned both carbs, new air filters, and raised the forks 1.5" in the clamps to even out the stance. Now it just needs a good scrubbing and some road time.

2015-03-09%2005.56.45_zpsgyoibudv.png
  • Like 1

Paughco frame fatbob tank and headlights. Rest buell of coarse. Built by S&G in Columbia. Have a few thing s I need to change for me personally. But For what I have in it and its larger cc than most bobbers I like it.

Sam does build some awesome bikes! He also has some pretty neat guns too! 

Thats a slick looking bike. I think we really need to do a TGO ride as soon as the weathwr clears a little.

Update on mine. I decided to keep the struts for now, and ride it a little as is. I changed the oil, flushed and bled brakes and clutch, new plugs and wires, pulled, cleaned and tuned both carbs, new air filters, and raised the forks 1.5" in the clamps to even out the stance. Now it just needs a good scrubbing and some road time.

2015-03-09%2005.56.45_zpsgyoibudv.png

Hope you got some road time in this weekend.    I got to chase the little one around the yard for about 20 minutes. 

Since we are showing off bikes...My 2014 Victory Cross Country. I took this on 348 in between Blue Ridge and Helen, Ga. Rained like crazy most of the way, but what a view with the clouds hanging low in the mountains!

imagejpg4_zpsd3156f88.jpg

And this was taken about a mile from my house on Signal Mtn on my knockaround bike: 2013 Honda CB500X. That's Chickamauga Dam / Lake just left of the wind screen.

imagejpg1_zps79f963fe.jpg

My 2012 Victory Vegas: Hot Rod bar hopper in progress. No sport bike, but damned fast for a cruiser..

imagejpg1_zpsc6193b93.jpg

Edited by Good_Steward
  • Like 1