NRA just called

Wanted me to participate in a poll about gun rights and such. I found it interesting that they did not urge me to get out and vote, or ask if I had voted.

They did get me to throw down for another year of membership.

IMHO good way to spend some money.

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest VolGrad

They have been calling me non-stop for weeks now.

Last night we forgot to check CID and I had to talk. One rep said he wanted to play a 1 min msg from Wayne and then ask some questions. After the msg a diff rep came on and gave me the full court press to join for 5 years, at a discounted rate of course.

I explained I had some issues with the NRA over the way some of the 2A legislation had been handled in Georgia (where I live) during the past couple of leg sessions and was really torn on joining. I explained I was fully supportive of 2A issues and was very active locally in 2A legislation here in GA. I explained I was well read on the issues and he didn't need to convince me of the coming storm with Mr. Obama being elected. I was simply torn on joining the NRA after the way they handled themselves locally when we needed them the most.

I was polite and said, "Thanks for your call. However, there is nothing you can say on the phone tonight that will make me give you my CC # for a membership. I simply need more time to process my feelings."

HE WOULDN'T GIVE UP AND STARTED GETTING A BIT ANGRY. I eventually had to just cut him short, wish him well, and again explain I would probably eventually give in and join as I knew there would be big fights coming.

I hate pushy sales people.

I don't guess I've ever gotten a call from the NRA....unless the CID came up TOLLFREE NUMBER. In that case, I just tell one of the kids (our 5 or 8 yr old) that it's for them. Poor little fellows really get hacked when they pick up the phone, answer, and get hung up on, but the telemarketeer knows whats going on...I hope.

Caller I.D....greatest invention for men since the TV remote.:usa:

I was probably his easiest sell ever. As soon as I got him to get to the jist of the call, ie: reup the membership. I said sign me up for another year and do you prefer mastercard or visa.

I thanked him for his efforts. He seemed genuinely suprised by it.

All in all it was the best way I could think of to spend 3 minutes on election night.