Check out the Robo-Target

Guest CowboyBob

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CowboyBob

I am the guy in the video and I built this machine.  I have had a bunch of people ask about purchasing this machine.  Since I am not mass producing these things the retail cost would be around $500. 

I need you guys input.  Is this machine priced too high if it is $500?  You could easily spend that on a set of steel targets.  So what do you guys think?

Edited by CowboyBob
well with a little welding know how a person could build the metal swinggers for a lot less, although the electroincs wont power a metal one, I think if you search a little harder you could find the boards and motor for less. I dont recall how much stepper motors are right now and not fully aware of all that you have in it but there are kits out there that guys are using to build plazma cutters with that might have some interchangeability or be adaptable. But I do understand that your also looking to recover you time, so being here in Tn that might be a little harder but people in other locals might have a greater want and cash avalability.

Good luck
Guest CowboyBob

well with a little welding know how a person could build the metal swinggers for a lot less, although the electroincs wont power a metal one, I think if you search a little harder you could find the boards and motor for less. I dont recall how much stepper motors are right now and not fully aware of all that you have in it but there are kits out there that guys are using to build plazma cutters with that might have some interchangeability or be adaptable. But I do understand that your also looking to recover you time, so being here in Tn that might be a little harder but people in other locals might have a greater want and cash avalability.

Good luck

Thanks for the input. I build all of the electronics myself and have the PCBs made professionally by a company in NJ.  I have built other low production count electronics over the years and have really good sources for components.  The only real way to get the electronics cost down would be to mass produce them by the thousands.

Well again I can understand the want to build a top quality item, but for something that might get left out in the elements a less costly board might be the way to go and the chances of a similar board already existing it might not take much to source the boards and build a lessor costing unit, especially for something that is going to get get shot to shite. Options could be made availalbe for those that want them at an indoor range vs the outdoor range where it again might get left out in the elements, but these are just mho, so do alot more research, someone once told me that if I was thinking about doing something, chances are someone else might have already done it or tested one.

Hey Bob, That looks Great! Great Job.   Ron, I don't know if you've priced  duelling swinging targets lately.  They run between $200-$500 for decent ones. Example: http://www.challengetargets.com/category/Dueling_Trees.html .  I've seen this thing.  It's really nice, and, remote controllable and programmable. . . .

Hey Bob, Let's try my 7.62 X 25 CZ-52.....

Edited by Armed Aviator